jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Are humans related to Neanderthals?

1. Amy Pirozzolo profile image60
    Amy Pirozzoloposted 4 years ago

Are humans related to Neanderthals?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

Supposedly yes. But, I do not think this to be the truth at all. I'm sure many will disagree with me. Were there really such a thing as "cavemen?" I choose to go by what the bible tells me about this issue.

1. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Neanderthals, cavemen, and fossils are not even mentioned in the Bible, so what does the Bible tell you about this issue?  Not trying to be snarky, but genuinely curious.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 4 years agoin reply to this

You have answered the question my friend. There is no mention of them at all.

3. Amy Pirozzolo profile image60
      Amy Pirozzoloposted 4 years agoin reply to this

There is proof of cavemen...??

4. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 4 years agoin reply to this

The Bible does not mention many things, that does not mean they don't exist.  The books were written at a time when the knowledge of the world was more limited.

3. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 4 years ago

Biologists have found evidence that Neanderthals may have interbred with modern humans of the European Upper Paleolithic, which would mean that humans of European descent may have some Neanderthal DNA.  It is one of many extinction hypotheses; no one knows for sure what became of the Neaderthals.

4. Amy Pirozzolo profile image60
    Amy Pirozzoloposted 4 years ago

I didn't purposely delete your answers. I don't think this is compatible with iMacs.

5. profile image0
    denisefenimoreposted 4 years ago

I had my DNA done through 23 and Me and I am 2.8% Neanderthal and my son is 3.1%. I am 99.7% European, which, as already stated is where Neanderthal DNA is found. There is also Denisovan ('cousin' to Neanderthal) in Asian DNA.

working