Who Was Baron Von Richthofen?

1. PhoenixV profile image75
    PhoenixVposted 4 years ago

Who Was Baron Von Richthofen?

What is a biography of Baron Von Richthofen?

2. ajwrites57 profile image87
    ajwrites57posted 4 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7931507_f260.jpg

Manfred Albrecht Freiherr von Richthofen or Baron Von Richthofen was known as the Red Baron. He was a German fighter pilot with the Imperial German Army Air Service (Luftstreitkräfte) during World War I. He was officially credited with 80 air combat victories and is considered the top ace of WWI. He was born May 2nd, 1892 and was shot down and killed near Amiens on April 21st, 1918. His other nicknames include "Le Diable Rouge" ("Red Devil") or "Le petit Rouge" ("Little Red") in French, and the "Red Knight" in English. In 1917, Richthofen's published an autobiography titled: Der Rote Kampfflieger (translated as The Red Battle Flyer or The Red Fighter Pilot).
    image: wikimedia.org/wiki/File%3ARittmeister_Manfred_von_Richthofen_Sanke_Card_450.jpg

3. Robert Sacchi profile image84
    Robert Sacchiposted 2 years ago

Manfred von Richthofen, the highest scoring fighter pilot of World War I.  He started World War I as a cavalry officer.  He began his flying career as an observer.  He scored his first confirmed kill on September 17, 1916.  His final 2 kills, Sopwith Camels, were on April 20, 1918.  The next day he was killed in action.  Captain A. R. Brown was credited with shooting down von Richthofen.  His aircraft was also fired on by Australian ground gunners of the Australian 53rd Battalion so how he was shot down has been a continuing contraversary.  Richthofen held the rank of Rittmeister when he died.

working