Help me find the lost treasure of King Kamehameha!

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)
  1. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

Legend says that when King Kamehameha died in 1819, his treasure was buried with him but where (so it says) baffles historians and treasure hunters alike.

The legend as I have heard it on Hawaii (the big island) is that he and his treasure are buried near Waipo or in Waipo valley and that treasure is worth more than you can count.

The lost treasure is not only significant to Hawaii but to historians because some of the treasure that is said to be buried with King Kameha (for short) is the plundered possessions of Captain Cook.

Now, from what I understand, you wont find much about Captain Cook in the history books however the entire Island chain was originally named after his exploration on the Islands.

The other place that legend and natives say the treasure could be buried is in Kawai but I am more interested in hunting the treasure on Hawaii since it was King Kameha's birth place and would seem more traditional to bury him and his treasure either at Mauna Loa or Mauna Kae.

Another legend says that his body and treasure were given to Pele the volcano goddess.

Anyways, help me find the treasure! 

Right now I am thinking that since no one else has found it, it might be impossible or it just doesn't exist but it would sure make a great adventure.

What else could I look up to find clues?

2. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Do you feel like Pele My Goddess? wink

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes, they say that Mauna Loa erupts every 25 years, that being this year.  So don't piss me off! lol smile

3. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

You are Joking of Course!
    What do you need to know about James Cook? 
    He does afterall have some bearing on New Zealand's history!

1. profile image0

Because he explored the Hawaiian Islands and was killed here and legend says his possessions were plundered.

What do you know about it?

4. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Sandra, I don't know enough about Captain Cook to be much help but do know you're probably right to write off Kauai as a treasure-burial island.  Unless the gods are being ironic--since Kamehameha kept trying to conquer Kauai and the kahunas on Kauai kept magically sinking his war canoe fleets before they could arrive.

If you do find the treasure, let's hope it's not cursed like Pele's curse on lava from the Big Island for those who steal a piece to take home....big_smile

1. profile image0

Great info. Ghost!  For some reason I have it in my head that he did eventually conquer Kawai.  I will definitely look into it. 

And yes, if I do find it I hope it aint cursed either. yikes

1. profile image0
        Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, Sandra, I've been wrong before.  Let me know.

1. profile image0

Well Kauai was not conquered but was negotiated and came under rule of King Kameha in 1810.  smile

5. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

I'm a Kiwi Sandra..... Check out his relevance to NZ.
    He was in the Sandwich Islands documenting the transit of Venus with his scientist friend Joseph Banks.
    He had been there twice before and had had a good relationship with the locals.
    On his third trip:
    ONLY His landing (including Cook) were attacked and killed by the natives after one of his crewmen (a newbie) fired on the natives first.
    They did not plunder any treasure; though his uniform was probably considered to be 'treasure' to the natives.
    They did not board his ship and Cook was not carrying treasure!
    He was on a scientific voyage.
    BTW: it was James Cook who claimed NZ for the Queen.

What would you like to know about the rest of the world??? lol

1. profile image0

The treasure I am referring to is his navigational stuff, guns, lead etc... and I already know that part of the story so tongue lol

1. Pearldiver profile image66
        Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh Sandra.... You are way too late tongue
        A kiwi expedition secured 'the treasure' in 1985, while in the islands consulting the locals on the benefits of claiming soveignty against it's annexation by the US. yikes
        That group were paid for their advice in the form of 'found' artifacts, which included a pair of badly skidded Undies... said to have belonged to Capt Cook. tongue  lol

1. profile image0

Where did they find it?  I heard of the expedition to recover his vessel somewhere between Maui and Hawaii but failed.

Who says the natives weren't paid with stuff they already had?  And anyways, I want to look for (if at all possible) King Kameha's buried treasures that is said to consist also of Capt. Cooks 'stuff' too.

6. sensu0s profile image63
    sensu0sposted 14 years ago

All the best for the treasure hunt tongue

7. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Sandra, remember your thread about ghosts? Beware! LOL

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)