jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

A rainbow is made up of seven colours. Which colour occurs in the middle of the

1. Haseena Firdousia profile image72
    Haseena Firdousiaposted 4 years ago

A rainbow is made up of seven colours. Which colour occurs in the middle of the rainbow?

2. connorj profile image77
    connorjposted 4 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8112526_f260.jpg

Typically a rainbow is made up of these 7 colors: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, and Violet.
    It takes the form of a multicolored arc, with red on the outside and violet on the inside. Even though a rainbow spans a continuous spectrum of colors, traditionally the full sequence of colors is most commonly cited as red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet; thus, green would be in the middle.

3. DanielMarcosi profile image81
    DanielMarcosiposted 4 years ago

Actually, a rainbow is not made up of seven colors. A rainbow can have thousands of colors, visible and not visible to the human eye. Also the number of color bands vary, depending on the size of the water droplets that cause the phenomenon.
    However, if you are referring to a SPECTRUM, then the answer is GREEN.

1. DanielMarcosi profile image81
      DanielMarcosiposted 4 years agoin reply to this

In response to "LensMan999", an easier acronym to remember the colors of the spectrum is "Roy G. Biv". I learned that more than 40 years ago, and I still remember it.

4. LensMan999 profile image53
    LensMan999posted 4 years ago

Rainbow is made of seven colours. VIBGYOR. V for Violet, I for Indigo, B for Blue, G for Green, Y for Yellow,O for Orange and R for Red. G is the letter that comes in the middle, so it is definitely the Green colour that occurs in the middle of the rainbow.

working