What would happen if we were to nationalize the automotive and airline industrie

1. andrew savage profile image59
    andrew savageposted 4 years ago

What would happen if we were to nationalize the automotive and airline industries?

2. Borsia profile image44
    Borsiaposted 4 years ago

There is a universal truth that you may be too young to recognize.
    Government does nothing well!
    Look at what Obama has done so far.
    In his zeal to bail out the auto industry he offered a basically unlimited warrantee on some US cars. One friend of mine told me he was going to buy one model and I questioned the wisdom until he pointed out that the way the warrantee is written he will get the car replaced for free for the rest of his life even if it fails to normal wear & tear.
    Obama put huge amounts of taxpayers money into industries to build batteries for the coming wave of electric cars, but the wave never came and those industries never made one thin dime. In fact the average cost for the government created "private sector" job paying 50-60K is over 500K and closer to 700K.
    He put $500m into a company to make solar panels even though the technology was shown to be faulty,,, now bankrupt
    He invested in 2 electric car companies one folded the other took the money and moved to Europe before folding.
    Telsa the highly acclaimed electric car maker will most likely never see a real profit. Fisker,,, no more.
    Its not just cars the government doesn't do ANYTHING well. Certainly nothing profitable.
    When the government gets involved money is sucked down a rabbit hole that even Alice could never get out of.