jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Have your kids started school yet? How have they (and you) adjusted?

1. HeatherH104 profile image83
    HeatherH104posted 4 years ago

Have your kids started school yet? How have they (and you) adjusted?

2. thomasczech profile image70
    thomasczechposted 4 years ago

my son starts school next week. As a single father, I find it difficult for the first couple of days. Once I see he is ok and adjusted well to the new grade I then relax.
    I keep our routine the same from day to day so it is easier to get into the swing of things. (bed time the same time, waking up at the same time, meals and homework at regular times etc)

HeatherH104posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good luck next week. I don't have to do it alone - it must be quite a challenge and balancing act to keep up. Great job keeping a schedule, it's so good for kids. Thanks for your answer.

3. Rachel Horon profile image81
    Rachel Horonposted 4 years ago

My kids started last week.  We all had to adjust as my older one started middle school, my younger one started kindergarten, and I am adjusting to being home alone for the first time in a long time.  I'm thrilled to being more productive with fewer distractions and excited when they jump off the bus.

Rachel - must be a wonderful feeling having some time for yourself! Sounds like you and the kids are adjusting well. Thanks for your answer. smile

4. CraftytotheCore profile image82
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

Yes, they started already and they love it!  I don't know how in the world that happened because I used to be nervous starting school every year.

My children are going to the same school this year.  Last year my son went to a different school.  I thought he would be the one with trouble transitioning, but no problems at all.  My daughter had a hard time on the first day.  Luckily, there is a child in her class from last year and that helped a lot when everyone was lining up outside.

I have adjusted fine so far.  We're a family of structured routine because of my son with Autism and it really helps to have an established routine as you well know!  smile

Sounds like an ideal start! It's great both kids are in the same school.
      Hope the rest of the year runs just as smoothly! smile

working