What history topics or eras would you like to know more about?

1. Southern Muse profile image97
    Southern Museposted 4 years ago

What history topics or eras would you like to know more about?

Are there obscure topics that you'd like to know about, or myths and legends?  Or are there those lingering test questions or mysteries that you'd want to investigate?

2. alancaster149 profile image85
    alancaster149posted 4 years ago

At the moment I've got my hands full with Ivar Ulfsson trying not to be captured by King William and his brother Odo, who are involved in a 'grudge match' with him in England (1066-71). Then I shall progress to Miklagard (Constantinople) by way of Roskilde (Dk) and Holmgard (Novgorod), so I shall start reading up about the political history of Byzantium in the later 11th Century. I have a book by George Ostrogorsky called a 'History of the Byzantine State'. Ivar and his friends will get there about the time Emperor John is beaten at Mantzikert in Asia Minor
    Watch this space.

3. Rod Marsden profile image75
    Rod Marsdenposted 4 years ago

After the last of the black death in Europe populations in Europe were down and no doubt quite manageable. Yet in a short time thereafter you not only have the population up to pre-plague numbers but you soon have overpopulation. What went wrong? How much is the Church to blame for this? How much is society in general to blame? Overpopulation of course resulted in the need to discover new lands. Hence the exploration of the New World and its conquest. But what did go wrong? The plague had done the population of Europe a favor and the result? Soon more poverty, lack of food and resources due to populations getting out of hand. I really don't understand.

Closed to reply