Why is the question section so random? And a bit sexist I might add....

1. Kathleen Odenthal profile image94
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 3 years ago

Why is the question section so random? And a bit sexist I might add....

Why is the question section of hubpages usually filled with questions about boys, relationships, sex and other issues that empower men and take power away from women?

2. bethperry profile image92
    bethperryposted 3 years ago

I've been here for a couple of years now and while I've seen many Questions about relationships and sex in general, I have not noticed an outweighing sexist agenda going on. Yeah, there are a few anti-women diatribes disguised as Questions here. But to be fair, there are the male-basher diatribes, too. And just as with Reddit or any other social forum, you learn to sift the wheat from the chaff.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

On the right hand side of the questions page is topics. You have the option to look at questions under particular categories.
    If on the other hand you simply look at the "hot" or "latest" questions you're bound to see some of everything from relationships, politics, favorite flowers, movies, singers, advice for children's issues, vacation destinations...etc Having said that if (you) are drawn to a particular subject matter you will tend to ignore everything else around you especially if you find those other topics to be boring.
    Questions neither empower or disempower men and women. Most likely the questions are one's observations within their life experience or they're seeking the opinions of others.
    As a man I have seen the question; "Why do men cheat?" hundreds of times and I do not take offense to it but I do remind the questioner that TV shows such as 'Cheaters' and 'The Maury Povich Show' AKA "You are NOT the father!" along with 'Paternity Court" and the fact that even lesbians have been known to cheat on one another; clearly demonstrates neither gender is standing on 'holy ground' when it comes to cheating.
    In other instances people ask questions to "stir the pot" or get others fired up on hot button issues. Pro life/pro choice, Christian/Atheist, Anti-Obama/government, Marriage Equality....etc
    There are also lots of questions about how to increase hub traffic, followers, earn more money, and get more comments. However as I stated everyone is (drawn) to particular subjects and questions. We see what we want to see. :-)

working