jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Which weighs more to you:"money or love"?

1. KenDeanAgudo profile image82
    KenDeanAgudoposted 3 years ago

Which weighs more to you:"money or love"?

2. profile image60
    DannoManposted 3 years ago

Interesting question, but one that comes with some problems. I think the answer must be far too flexible to do any good in addressing the thrust of the question.

First, one's perception of these two things is not an absolute. It is a changing force in our lives, or rather, two separate changing forces in our lives. Sometimes these forces are compatible with each other and sometimes they are at odds with each other. From the way your question is worded, I believe you are assuming them to be at odds.

At different times in our lives, one will hold sway over the other, but not permanently, and perhaps not even for very long. Love, in particular, seems to have fleeting characteristics that are difficult to both assess and relate to. When in love our focus seems quite positive and very "solid." But we can fall out of love quite quickly. At junctures such as this, love seems to gain in weight rather than lose weight, such that it weighs you down immensely. Money can do the same, of course.

The answer then, should there actually be an answer to this question, would be that both are relative to time and place, as well as to relationships established, new, and in flux. Only those who admit an awareness of both attractions can evaluate their relative strengths. But none of us can judge what those relative strengths will be tomorrow.

KenDeanAgudoposted 3 years agoin reply to this

One who wears the crown bear its weight - the heirs. These are uncertain factors just like power, but if we would choose among the two, or three. Which do you prefer.

3. Katrina1981 profile image79
    Katrina1981posted 3 years ago

Awesome question!  I would have to go with love.  Losing a love one can care more destruction than losing all the money you own.

KenDeanAgudoposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I would choose love too

working