What are the TEN ways that materialism is a necessary component of a civilized, cultured society?
1. Materialism is necessary in order to make war.
2. Materialism is necessary in order to enslave the masses.
3. Materialism is necessary in order to pollute our drinking water, so that companies can get rich selling bottled water and water filtration systems.
4. Materialism is necessary for modern religion. It is the foundation of televangelism and the gospel of prosperity.
5. Materialism is necessary in order to divide the populace into classes.
6. Materialism is necessary in order to maintain a system of institutionalized racism.
7. Materialism is necessary for the business of education. It is the primary force that drives young people toward technical schools, and universities, to learn skills that will help to maintain, and perpetuate, a worldwide capitalist ponzi scheme.
8. Materialism is necessary in order to maintain a steady flow of new recruits into the U.S. military. Young people who cannot afford college are herded in the direction of the military.
9. Materialism is necessary in order to convince the human race that it is worth risking their lives in an automobile ( killing machine) everyday to make a dollar.
10. Materialism is an essential component of a collective amnesia which allows Americans to forget who the real illegal aliens are.
Says the person using the most materialistic technology in the history of the world - the internet.
Says the person who joined 22 months ago and has 0 Hubs. I'm looking forward to your first Hub.
by StayPos6 years ago
Are changes necessary in order for our students to compete in a global economy?What makes you have this opinion?
by GPSWorldTraveler7 years ago
How many viewings on a sight is necessary in order to get paid?In two years I have over 5000...viewings and at this rate I should receive a check in about 10 years. Am I doing something wrong? Or do I need...
by NateSean6 years ago
I've been noticing fanfiction on hub pages. I think this is one phenomenon we call all agree to flag.It's one thing if you write a short story and your characters make "references" to another author's work....
by thakuur7 years ago
to be civilezed, do we need any force acting on us ?why law is important to keep us cvilized and why is it important to remain civilized?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.