What are the TEN things that makes failure bad, even evil in the eyes of some people?
1. Lack of success. All too obvious? Yes. But egos are built on success and are just as easily crushed by failure.
2. If you are a heterosexual like me there is of course the opposite sex. We are told that everyone loves a winner.
3. Starting over again. No one wants to do that.
4. Coming to terms with what went wrong. No one wants to do that.
5. Figuring out where to go from here.
6. Being thought of as a nowhere person.
7. Not being treated well by those who were banking on your success.
8. Not having learnt enough from some past failure.
9. Being blamed for someone else's failure if the two are connected.
10. Finding that it was a sociopath (they do exist in the business world) who led you down the wrong path for their fun and profit. I think there was a bit of that going on with Enron years ago.
by Carolee Samuda 5 years ago
What does being "evil" really mean? Can someone be vicious or cruel without being evil?It's been weighing on my mind. I often try to rationalize the actions of others which is one of my weaknesses. My fiance often tells me that's the reason people hurt me. I am not talking about being...
by Jacqui 3 years ago
Why is God only praised for the Good, never blamed for the Bad?People have often stated that they are offended or at least find it offensive if God is blamed for the Evil in the world (or that happens to people), but praise Him for the Good. Did God not create everything - including Good and...
by Erick Hernandez 13 months ago
I went to college, but failed. I went to ITT Tech, but failed. I'm asking a simple question: Is college a requirement for success in the modern world?
by Grace Marguerite Williams 2 years ago
Do you agree that failure damages, even ruins chances for success? Why? Why not?Our society & culture deride failures, such people are viewed as losers in the scope of things. Many times people who fail are seen as damaged goods, even as pariahs to be avoided & set...
by Zara Rasul 6 years ago
What do you do when: the harder you work, the unluckier you get?
by Demas W Jasper 21 months ago
Do you hope President Trump is a success, or a failure for America?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|