jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is it that difficult to believe that you don't necessarily have to be in a build

1. Harris thoughts profile image60
    Harris thoughtsposted 3 years ago

Is it that difficult to believe that you don't necessarily have to be in a building to learn?

2. CuAllaidh profile image85
    CuAllaidhposted 3 years ago

Most of my learning is outside of the classroom setting. The SCA is where I get a lot of my learning, reading at home, and just straight experimentation. I'd say 75% of my knowledge was gained outside of school... that being said school is very important, without the base and the training for critical thinking learning is MUCH more difficult. School is more about learning how to learn rather than actually learning.

3. Ana Koulouris profile image80
    Ana Koulourisposted 3 years ago

It's not difficult at all. In terms of actual, organized classes, online courses are becoming more and more common and tailored to aid student success.

4. girlgamers profile image59
    girlgamersposted 3 years ago

Most of the jobs I've held preferred me to learn on the job, not go to a school to learn.  Even when I became a vet tech, they taught me the way they wanted me to learn and what they wanted me to learn, which helped me pass my certification test with absolutely no in room classes.  Granted, I have been to college, I do have a degree in IT, and I have continued my education through online classes, unless you're desperate for the six figure paycheck, start from the bottom and learn from your employer, that way they're loyal to you when it comes to hiring someone new vs. promoting from within.

5. Rui Carreira profile image86
    Rui Carreiraposted 3 years ago

Yes it is!

Most people lie about what they know and try to seem really knowledgeable - that's why people ask for a degree when recruiting, to make sure that at least that person was there to learn.

If they didn't ask for the degree, someone could trick them - although there are a lot of people without degrees who know more than those who have them.