jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think home schooling should be regulated?

1. vhayward profile image85
    vhaywardposted 2 years ago

Do you think home schooling should be regulated?

Do you think home schooling ought to be regulated like other schools? Please share your thoughts and note where you live (different states may approach the topic differently). Testing for subject proficiency? In Michigan it has become somewhat of an issue in regards to truant children being pulled from schools and switched to "home schooling" for parents to avoid consequences of their child's truancy. This is not to say all home schooling is done for previously truant children.

2. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

if as a parent, you have the ability to teach your child at home, confirm that he can score good results , I think you should. In our country, NOBODY homeschool kids. Every kids and students goes to school by hook or by crook

1. chuckandus6 profile image76
      chuckandus6posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I would think that they would miss out on socialization and some important learning experiences. I think it really shouldn't exist.but if.it works for some people then I think it is their choice

2. vhayward profile image85
      vhaywardposted 2 years agoin reply to this

But do you think that those who are home schooled should be subjected to the same testing as public school kids? For instance, if they don't test to their math level should they be required to return to public/private accredited schools?

working