jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

What do you think of the most recent geologic disasters?

1. LillyGrillzit profile image78
    LillyGrillzitposted 2 years ago

What do you think of the most recent geologic disasters?

Just minutes ago Nepal had a killer Earthquake, Chili is still reeling from volcanic explosions, and the Yosemite Caldera is on red alert, this is Nature, do you think mans activity against the Earth is connected?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12317272_f260.jpg

2. Akriti Mattu profile image76
    Akriti Mattuposted 2 years ago

Just today i witnesses the Earthquake whose epicenter was Nepal. Over 700 people have died. Natural calamities upset me .What upsets me more is the fact that we human beings are responsible for almost all the natural calamities because it is us who have disturbed the ecological balance in nature. Hence, nature will strike back in the form of earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanoes, floods etc.

LillyGrillzitposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I woke up minutes after the #NepalEarthquke after dreaming about the Yosemite Caldera, I too think Earth is off balance and will rid herself of the disease. Thank you.

3. MizBejabbers profile image91
    MizBejabbersposted 2 years ago

I believe the occurrences of the last century are the planet trying to restore the balance to the damage that we human beings have inflicted upon the earth like nuclear bombs, oil and gas technology, and other causes of global warming. The earth is a living organism, and we are no more than an infestation of fleas on her back. If we can't love the planet we live on and be responsible for good stewardship, then we must face the consequences. An NO, I do not believe that it's God's punishment for our sins. I believe much of it is the result of our irresponsibility, but some of it is a natural occurrence like that which happens to any other living organism. However, if we as a human get a bellyache from overindulging in too much food and drink, we know we shouldn't consume any more and make it worse. Why can't we see that the same thing happens with our overindulgences that damage the planet? As a friend of mine observed, "Gaia has a bellyache and she is trying to get some relief."

Thank you for your clear answer. I agree Earth's anti-virus systems are on full alert, signalling the end of this Geologic Era.

4. Snakesmum profile image80
    Snakesmumposted 2 years ago

Mostly, the geologic disasters are caused by the movement of the continents against each other, which causes earthquakes.   I shouldn't think that anything people do is affecting this at all.    The Australian continent is moving Northwards, and India is doing the same, which causes the Himalayan mountains to rise, and also causes the earthquakes in the area.

Thank you for your answer.

working