Were you exposed to a culture of thinking, inquiring and questioning in your sch

1. sriparna profile image83
    sriparnaposted 2 years ago

Were you exposed to a culture of thinking, inquiring and questioning in your school days? How?

Give some examples of such experiences where opportunities for thinking were valued.

2. dudefromafrica profile image61
    dudefromafricaposted 2 years ago

Not quite. Growing up in Eritrea, Africa, I was raised to take anything a grown up says as it is.
    This only in schools however. At home, My educated parents insisted on the opposite. Why each why I am still curious as a person.

3. Tusitala Tom profile image63
    Tusitala Tomposted 2 years ago

I'd love to have been able to say, "Yes."  But the answer is no.  I was brought up and educated in the United Kingdom in the 1940s.  The teacher ruled like a demi-god is most classes.   It was assumed that we would sit, listen, remember and that was about all.  The idea of being encouraged to ask questions and think critically weren't on the agenda.  Indeed, I expect many of the teachers would have felt threatened by such an approach.

No, I must admit that my 'thinking' and 'learning' because I liked it, came from firstly joining a public library around eleven years of age, and staying in reading profusely for the remainder of my life up until this time.

working