What ten childrearing practices distinguishes lower middle class parents from solidly middle & upper
middle class parents in terms of educational attainment & career aspirations/expectations? What makes solidly middle & upper middle class parents imbue a prosperity mentality & philosophy to their children as opposed to lower middle class parents who imbue a poverty mentality & philosophy to their children? Give analytical & conclusive answers please.
You make some huge assumptions in your questions. What evidence do you have that lower middle class parents do not have high academic and financial aspirations for their children?
Typical lower middle income parents exist in the security mode and nothing higher.They are concerned about lifestyles that provide security/stability. They see higher goals as an utter waste of time, imbuing their children in such a premise!
Based on what data? What research? Are these just your own observations?
1.Lower middle class parents value strict, even blind obedience in their children while solidly middle & upper middle class parents value & encourage their children to question & think independently.
2. Lower middle class parents use harsher forms of corrective discipline, including regular use of corporal punishment. Solidly middle & upper middle class parents use more intellectual forms of correction & punishment.
3. Lower middle class parents stress conformity while solidly middle& upper middle class parents stress individuality.
4. Lower middle class parents stress job security while solidly middle & upper middle class parents stress job mobility & advancement. Upper middle class parents particularly stress career fulfillment.
5. Lower middle class parents believe in more practical, technical, & vocational forms of education. They view college & other advanced forms of education to be an utter waste of time. Solidly middle & particularly upper middle class parents stress the importance of a college & even more advanced forms of education as they see it necessary to get a decent job.
6. Lower middle class parents teach their children that they can only achieve within certain limits. They discourage their children from having lofty ambitions for they contend that such is impractical. Their motto is to get a REAL job. Solidly middle & upper middle class parents tell their children that they can go as far as their ambition, intelligence, & talent will take them.
7.Lower middle class parents tell their children not to dream "too big" or have "too lofty" goals. Solidly middle & upper middle class parents encourage, even expect their children to have high goals. In fact, upper middle class parents contend that there is no such thing as too high goals.
8. Lower middle class parents imbue their children with a fatalistic, negative, & passive mindset, mentality, & philosophy. Solidly middle & upper middle class parents imbue their children with a pro-active & positive mindset, mentality & philosophy.
9. Lower middle class parents inculcate their children that they are powerless while solidly middle & upper middle class parents inculcate their children that they are......POWERFUL!
10. Lower middle class parents teach their children that life is one, uphill, constant struggle while solidly middle & upper middle class parents teach their children that life is pretty much what one makes it for either better or worse!
by Grace Marguerite Williams 3 years ago
What IS the difference, if any, between the upper middle class and the lower upper class?
by Grace Marguerite Williams 3 months ago
Middle class isn't a monolith. The middle class comprise of THREE levels: lower, middle, & upper levels? How would one describe the THREE levels of middle class?
by Elayne 8 years ago
I was born in farm country (raising sheep, chickens and crops) and raised in lower middle class (father was a mechanic and then an uncertified accountant). Now that I am married, we are middle class citizens - upper middle class (my husband is professor in a university. I guess education made the...
by alexandriaruthk 6 years ago
How do you define middle class?Many times I heard or read that middle class economic situation is the true gauge in which you can check if the economy is improving, but how do you really define middle class?
by Matty2014 3 months ago
What is the differences between working class and middle class
by Dr Billy Kidd 5 years ago
Has a middle-class person approached you asking for money recently? (middle class = judging by the type of clothing and not being unkempt) And were you asked for money in an unusual place, like a middle-class shopping center?I’m in Southern California, and people are asking me for money...
Copyright © 2019 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
HubPages Inc, a part of Maven Inc.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|