Do you strongly contend that sin & evil are outmoded, even retrogressive concept

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 22 months ago

Do you strongly contend that sin & evil are outmoded, even retrogressive concepts manufactured

& generated by religions to create guilt, shame, & ultimately powerlessness in people?  Why? Why not?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12485378_f260.jpg

2. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 22 months ago

They are not out-moded and to my mind they still seem to crop up regularly in Christian circles. Quite a few faiths don't use them though, and perhaps you speak like of of the more liberated few within Christianity.

They had their uses, and while still being used, some are beginning to look at them differently. I am of a christian upbringing, but I prefer the Yoga concept of sin as an obstacle or impediment standing in the way. Evil is simply wrong action, although wrong actions can be of varying severity.

So we can say that good is that which takes us towards the Light; Evil is what draws us back to the darkness; Evil is what makes us weak; Good is that which makes us strong. Evil is a problem of the restless-monkey mind; Good is the purity of a loving Heart and so forth.

They are both retrogressive, I agree, but not yet out-moded. Much Love, Grace.

working