WHAT are young people in the United States learning in school these days because

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 19 months ago

WHAT are young people in the United States learning in school these days because in terms of

education attainment, she is 14th out of 40 countries & education performance she ranks 17th out of 40 countries.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7495891_f260.jpg

2. phoenix2327 profile image83
    phoenix2327posted 19 months ago

They're certainly not learning history if your other question is anything to go by.

3. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 19 months ago

Common Core math renamed everything and tries to teach abstract concepts at ages before when the average child can mentally process them. End result - common core math has pulled down US math scores.
    I actually had a teacher give my son an F for doing two digit multiplication the old fashioned way instead of a matrix method. I said it was the right answer, why the F? He did it the wrong method for the curriculum. I said I taught him this way because your way didn't work. She suggested I'm not sophisticated enough to understand the method. I said I'm an engineer, my husband has a master's in mechanical engineering, and if people who use calculus and differential equations for work can't understand fourth grade math, the problem is the curriculum, not the parents.
    Renaming reading concepts to sell new workbooks and sound modern have had no difference on literacy.

working