Do you feel that you were born too early, too late, or at the right time as far

1. gmwilliams profile image87
    gmwilliamsposted 19 months ago

Do you feel that you were born too early, too late, or at the right time as far as historical

periods go?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12684018_f260.jpg

2. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 19 months ago

I was born the same month the city my family lived in had received the first top notch neonatal units for our part of the state. I was the third or fourth preemie in the four beds they had.
    If I had been born a week or two earlier, I would have died. If I had been born a week or two later, the space might not have been there, and I might not have lived.
    Timing wise, ideal.
    And there are other ways my life has tracked cutting edge medical technology.

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 19 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13114071_f260.jpg

I'd have to say I was born at the right time.
    The music alone from the 60s and 70s was so much better than the crap that passes for music today. I miss the heydays of The Stylistics, Al Green, Aretha Franklin,  Chi-lites,  The Spinners, Isley Brothers, P-Funk, Jackson 5,The Temptations, Marin Gaye, Stevie Wonder along with many other Motown acts. Even the music of the 80s wasn't too bad with Michael Jackson, Prince, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, Rick James...etc TV shows and sitcoms were better during the 70s.
    I miss comedians like Richard Pryor, Cheech & Chong, and George Carlin. This was before political correctness took over.
    We had gone through the radical 60s, Vietnam protests, assassinations of JFK, MLK, Malcom X, and RFK along with passing some major civil rights legislation.
    I'm grateful to have "missed out" on the Jim Crow era and prior eras!
    There was more optimism in the air about what the future could be.
    I think being old enough to appreciate the removal of many outdated societal stigmas/restrictions  also helps one to keep things in perspective and appreciate many of today's personal liberties.
    Having said that I imagine most people are nostalgic about their own era which they grew up in and became an adult. It's easier to relate to a "known past" versus an "uncertain future". Every generation believes the next generation is taking the country to hell in a hand basket! smile

working