jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Who in the 21st Century has shown "Sisu" in your eyes? Please elaborate.

1. threekeys profile image82
    threekeysposted 20 months ago

Who in the 21st Century has shown "Sisu" in your eyes? Please elaborate.

"Sisu" is a Finnish cultural word/concept of where one takes action in face of adversity. It is the final push you give yourself when otherwise you would hesitate to act. It is what you relate to when you have nothing left.

Who do you know personally or publicly that has shown illustrated this concept and why do you think so?

The concept of "Sisu" arose in the Finnish Winter war when the Russians invaded their country.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13152911_f260.jpg

2. manatita44 profile image82
    manatita44posted 20 months ago

I once heard a true story from a woman who was abandoned by her husband with two small children, no money, alone and in a strange country. She got to the point where she could not feed them or herself any more. I will tell you now that she had one gift, she knew how to make cakes.

That did not enter her mind as she got down on her knees one night and prayed to God...all night. She did not even know when she feel asleep! She was awoken the next day by a phone call, and it was someone wanting a cake.

When she said she had no money for the ingredients, the friend immediately offered to cover all expenses, and like that the phone continued to ring all day and people offered much more than was necessary for cakes and so she was able to stay afloat. Even now, so many years later, her faith in God is truly peerless.

3. threekeys profile image82
    threekeysposted 20 months ago

This is true manitita44? If it is? It can encourage one to "trust have faith" . A very sad stark and frightening situation for her.

1. manatita44 profile image82
      manatita44posted 20 months agoin reply to this

Yes, a true story. The woman told me herself.

working