jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What aspects of a traditional/primitive culture could add value to our culture o

1. threekeys profile image81
    threekeysposted 12 months ago

What aspects of a traditional/primitive culture could add value to our culture or lifestyle today?

One small example- researchists have have found among the primitive tribes of Papua New Guinea they see people in these 3 groups:-friends, enemies and strangers as potential enemies.
    Have you seen it this way too? Or have you seen strangers as potential friends for the making? What examples can you offer?

2. Ericdierker profile image53
    Ericdierkerposted 12 months ago

Being in synchronicity with the earth. Our passion for creating our own spaces is not that healthy I think. There are some aspects of the employees who get up from the office and go out for a smoke are actually much healthier than those who do not. (I know saying anything that could be positive about smoking is like calling someone Hitler) But the point is very clear. Indoors, especially in an office type setting is not at all healthy.
    The lists and examples are endless. Outdoors for a few hours a day just plain makes sense.

threekeysposted 12 months agoin reply to this

Practical and varied. Thank you eric!

3. Terrielynn1 profile image93
    Terrielynn1posted 12 months ago

A lot of old society's were based on the flight or fight theory. Some were kill or be killed. My ancestors were Mennonite from Germany. They were pathefists. Sorry I can't spell today. I am not sure of the value at going backwards. I do think we need more love, kindness and understanding. It would go along way to finding better ways to work out life issues.

threekeysposted 12 months agoin reply to this

This angle isn't something I looked at until I opened up Jarod Diamond's book, The "World Until Yesterday". Yes, I agree more heart centred actions. We somehow have to deal with scarcity issues or safety issues as violence only begets violence.

working