jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

What did you learn about yourself or life last week?

1. threekeys profile image80
    threekeysposted 6 months ago

What did you learn about yourself or life last week?

2. Coffeequeeen profile image84
    Coffeequeeenposted 6 months ago

I learned to be more patient with people and not to judge to quickly.

threekeysposted 6 months agoin reply to this

We all need do this, too . Thank you Louise. All the best to you and your loved ones

3. threekeys profile image80
    threekeysposted 6 months ago

I learnt NO ONE has the right, the enitlement, to treat me poorly or take away my life, just because they can and it gives them pleasure to do so. No matter what their postion or money is. And I say this within the context of living in a western country that has a democratic system where each person is said to have rights.

I also learnt last week that there is no one person or institute you can place your needs for security within. I used to think so.Whether you are spiritual/religious or not, the last one you will be reaching out to, and asking solace from, is a higher power/intelligence.

4. Ericdierker profile image51
    Ericdierkerposted 6 months ago

That I can do better. That I need to be more loving.

Yes....for all of us to aspire to

5. shanmarie profile image78
    shanmarieposted 6 months ago

Quite a bit these past few years,  actually, as well as the past few months. There are some things that I have struggled with for as far back as I can remember that I feel like maybe I have a little more understanding of. These things are hopefully helping to shape me into a better person.

And a very important lesson that I learned again is that the friends who truly ate friends are still around after I crash and burn and no matter what others believe. These people have influenced me greatly over the pasture years through various discussions and words of encouragement or insight that I still contemplate and remember to this day.

A few years ago someone told me that I have all the right knowledge but that I needed to internalize that information.  That has been what I find most difficult.  No one ever tells you how to do that.  It is just expected and advised.  Slowly, I think I am doing this.  Finally, and in bits and pieces.  But I can look back and see personal  growth.  And so can the people who care.  Just as I can see the growth of people I care about. I can never express what it means to me that people who had reason to did not.  I can only hope I can give back to these people or to someone else someday.

There's much more that I could say that I learned about both life and myself recently, but I won't. It would take up too much space.

You will be able to give back. But if you can't? Just give to another. I have done this with difficult people in my life, or in awkward or complicated situations. I like to believe just "knowing' when you are giving, will make it all okay.

2. shanmarie profile image78
      shanmarieposted 6 months agoin reply to this

I recently put my name on the bone marrow donor registry list.  Maybe I will be a match for someone.  Sometimes I think it's easier to give to total strangers to do the most good. No questions asked. No judgement on either behalf for any reason.

3. threekeys profile image80

shanmarie, that is a very serious form of giving; and a very life saving gift. I don't know if your donor details are kept private or not, but I hope you leave it open for the receipient to say thank you, if they wish to do so.

working