10 best office prank ideas – Funny, nasty and very annoying!
Like playing pranks in the office? That's great because we're taking a look at 10 very nasty items that you can buy online and use to play pranks in the office. Whether it is that annoying boss you want to harass or irritating work colleague who you want to teach a lesson, these items will help you pull the ultimate pranks. Consider this your ultimate pranking guide. These make for awesome gag gift ideas too!
1) Fake poop
If you really want to gross out office colleagues who walk by your desk, fake poop is a great idea. If you get bored of keeping the fake dog poop or human poop on your desk, you can even play pranks and leave it on the desks of your other colleagues overnight for them to see first thing in the morning. Surely some of your colleagues will find the sight of crap on a Monday morning hard to digest, don't you think?
Pranks you can play with fake poop in the office
- Leave the fake poop in the office fridge
- Put crap on your manager's or boss' keyboard
- Leave the poop in a colleague's laptop bag or handbag
- Secretly put the poop in your office colleagues' jacket or coat pockets
- Offer to go across the street to get coffee and donuts – We all know what you are going to put in the bag of donuts, don't we?
2) Liquid Ass
The product description of Liquid Ass says "Smells like a**....only worse" One of the customer reviews of this product mentioned "....I sprayed one tiny little "poof" and waited. Within one minute, the kitchen smelled as if an entire college football offensive line had overdone it at the taco stand the previous night...."
If you are going to pull this funny office prank off, be prepared for the grunt and angry vibe of your office colleagues because Liquid Ass is going to stink your office up. The bottle contains a highly concentrated liquid that smells like fart. And not just any fart, this is going to be one deadly monster! The only downside to this extreme office prank is that chances are that you will be in the same room and you will have to inhale this horrendous stench yourself. But the gut crunching laughs will make tolerating the foul smell worthwhile.
Pranks you can play with Liquid Ass in the office
- Spray the foul smelling liquid during a boring meeting
- Be the first one in and spray a little bit of it in the office kitchen
- Secretly spray it while your boss is hurling abuses at you for bad performance – Bet he/she will never call you in their office, ever!
- Talk a walk around office and spray it in every nook and corner possible leaving no place to hide except for everyone to go out of the office
3) Shock pen
Shock pens make for a great office prank for one simple reason – they shock people, literally. Can you even imagine the look on your colleague's face when they are jolted with a shock while trying to use a pen? The look on their face will be priceless and you will surely earn the reputation of being the ultimate office prankster if you manage to give you boss a shock with this shock pen.
Pranks you can play with the shock pen in the office
- Steal all the pens from your boss' desk and leave just the shock pen
- Give the shock pen to the guy who comes to deliver the courier and act innocent by saying "I'm going to get to the bottom of this and find out who put a shock pen on my desk!"
- If you think someone's stealing all the pens from your office desk or drawer, teach them a lesson by leaving only the shock pen in sight
- Use other shock pranks like a shock gum, hand buzzer or other prank devices that deliver a harmless jolt
4) Bullshit button
Do you have people in your office who often engage in nonsensical talks? If you do, that's great because the Bullshit Button will be your savior. Just leave the button on your office desk and press it every time you think the word bu****it needs to be said loud and clear. When pressed, the button will loudly announce "That was bu****it" or "Bu****it detected, take precautions"
Pranks you can play with the Bullshit Button in the office
- Press the button every time your boss comes to you and asks you to achieve near impossible targets
- Interrupt arguments with your colleagues by pressing the Bullshit Button every few minutes
- Carry the Bullshit Button into meeting rooms and pass it around so that everyone can have a little fun when the most annoying person in the office is giving a presentation
- Press the button when someone annoying walks by your office desk
5) Trick costume knife
After having a heated argument with the boss, simply go back to your desk. Make sure you huff and puff on your way back to your desk for that extra effect of anger. Grab this trick costume knife from your drawer and hold it in your hand in full view of your colleagues. Enjoy the bewildered look on your boss' face as he/she looks at you angrily stomping towards their office with a knife. Walk up to your boss and stab him/her in the chest with the trick costume knife. While your boss' grimaces in pain and there is commotion among your other colleagues, give out a loud evil laugh and then burst out laughing only to reveal that the knife was only fake.
Pranks you can play with the trick costume knife in the office
- Stab your colleagues with the trick knife every time they annoy you
- Hold the trick knife up to the courier guy and tell him you will do the needful if the courier isn't delivered on time
- Roam around the office carrying a fake knife
6) Smiley ball
No this smiley ball is not for brightening up your day. It is for you to throw at unsuspecting colleagues and indulge into one of the most annoying office pranks ever. When they turn around to ask "Who threw this?", make sure no one on your side replies. Do it a few more times to the same person on the same day and you are likely to get fired.
You can play this prank in your office with any ball, as long as it is not hard, heavy or something that can hurt. Plastic or foam balls make for a great prank accessories to throw around and hit colleagues in the back of their heads.
Pranks you can play with the smiley ball in the office
- Annoy people in the office by going over to their desks just after they've had an argument with a colleague and say "Here, take this smiley ball. I think you need it"
- Throw the ball around randomly on the office floor – make sure it hits someone
- Bounce the ball off the glass door or windows of your boss' cabin
- Hit an unsuspecting colleague and blame another and sit back to enjoy the argument
7) Talking toilet paper
Simply replace the spindle in your office's toilet with the Talking Toilet Paper Spindle to give a personal message to everyone who uses the office toilet. The spindle has a recorder which lets you record your own message. It is activated by a motion sensor which plays the message when toilet paper is pulled.
Pranks you can play with the Talking Toilet Paper in the office toilet
Here are some prank messages that you can leave on this spindle
- Eww what did you have for dinner last night?
- I can see you
- You stink. No really, YOU STINK
8) Hair Brush for Bald Men
Do you have someone with less hair, shaven or bald head in your office? If you do, the Hair Brush for Bald Men can make for a perfect prank or a nasty gift. As common sense suggests, bald men really don't need a hair brush. And that's exactly what this is all about. This hair brush has no bristles but it has a polishing patch that is a satirical take at a shaven or bald head.
Pranks you can play with the Hair Brush for Bald Men in the office
- Give it to a bald work colleague or a boss as a gift
- Leave it on a bald work colleague's office desk only for them to guess who left it there
- Hang it on the wall near where a bald work colleague sits
9) Rubber Mouse
Mouse, mice, rodents and every other word related to these pesky pests is dreaded by men and women alike. A simple loud scream of "mouse!" can send many work colleagues clambering on top of their chairs and desks. Imagine what reaction a real looking rubber mouse would get? Scare the living daylights out of colleagues and brighten up a dull Monday!
Pranks you can play with the Rubber mouse in the office
- Leave the rubber mouse on your boss' keyboard
- Stick the rubber mouse near the opening of the toilet pot in the office toilet
- Put the mouse in the microwave or fridge
- Put the rubber mouse in a colleagues drawer
10) WTF Rubber Stamp
Before you even start reading this, be warned that using the WTF stamp for pranks in the office is extremely fun and addictive. You can virtually stamp any report, paper, desk or even computer monitors with the three dreaded letters, WTF. Having a WTF stamp on your office desk will not only gain a lot of attention but your colleagues will also live in the fear that you might suddenly go on a stamping spree.
Pranks you can play with the WTF Rubber Stamp in the office toilet
- Stamp WTF? on your boss' handout of an upcoming project
- Return office communication to the sender after stamping it with the WTF stamp
- Stamp WTF on a colleagues' desk at a very visible spot so they have a lot of answering to do when people walk by and notice the sign
- Go on a stamping spree when your boss tells you off – he/she will never tell you off again