- Entertainment and Media»
MY PET PEEVES AT THIS MOMENT
TOP 10 PEEVES
I am sure all of you have you own pet peeves. I decided to make a list of my own pet peeves. This list is not all-inclusive it’s a representative sample of my pet peeves. I intend to follow the example of David Letterman, and just present my top ten.
- I just can’t stand pharmaceutical advertisement on TV; I count on medical advice from my doctor not television.
- Another of my pet peeves is all the ambulance chasers on TV. I find it particularly crude that the late Christopher Reeve’s late wife Dana's sister is a paid advocate against lung cancer, mesothelioma. When my brother and sister died from any disease I would gladly advocate against that disease for free, but not Dr. Debra Morisini. She plugs the law firm Baron and Budd, PC. http://baronandbudd.com/
- The shenanigans of our representatives in congress also piss me off. It’s really a Kabuki dance. None of these people give a damn about us, their constituents.
- I really hate it when the telephone rings (or whatever ring tone you have), then I look at caller ID, and see UNKNOWN CALLER/ UNKNOWN NUMBER.
- I really just love starting my morning by opening my email and having an inbox with 100 emails of which 96 are SPAM or SCAMS.
- I really get peeved when I hear myself referred to as a senior citizen when I really know I’m just an old fart, and I’m not in my golden years, I’m over the hill. If I was really in my golden years where is the bullion (bullion=bullshit).: D
- Even though I made my living employing technology, I really get peeved at the concept of planned obsolesce. Don’t you just love buying a new thing then finding out it’s been replaced with a better model?
- It really peeves me when value is used interchangeably with cheap goods made in China, India or any other place that utilizes slave like labor practices. Not to mention it’s really not merchandise it’s really just junk and that makes me want to just puke. Once a person gets the junk home they think to themselves what was I really doing buying this stuff I’ll never use it’s useless it’s only crap?
- Another thing that really peeves me is our media centric culture. I hate it that people are famous for being famous much like Paris Hilton. I also get peeved at the media butting into people’s private lives. I don’t care if Tiger Woods has bonked every woman in the world. I still like him as a golfer. Let him and his wife work out their own problems in some modicum of privacy. They have young children. I don’t revel in the misery of others.
- I get peeved at my computer. This is manifest on the Internet when I click on a link, and the resulting message is “ ERROR 404 FILE NOT FOUND”. Then there’s the dreaded message “FATAL ERROR”. I know in my logical mind it’s ridiculous to pray to a computer, but I just can’t help myself after I try to re-boot I pray until the re-boot is successful. Once it works I let out a cheer and even do a fist pump. One would think my favorite football team had just run back a 100-yard kick-off.
I guess these are the top 10 pet peeves I have at the moment. Please do not hesitate to share yours with all of us.