The 14 best love stories from the movies.
The one and only!
Love a good romance?
I don't as much as some genres, but to each their own. However, one can not deny how popular this type of story is when Hollywood pops the big question on the silver screen!
Whether it is a man saving a woman from an evil force, or just a random meeting in the real world, movie going find a good romance compelling and herd to resist. I hope you enjoy this and tell me your favorites below!
Those I hated to leave off- Breakfast at Tiffani's . I loved the cast, but parts of the story, I did not.
Hope floats- This came close, but I felt that 14 others beat it out.
Casablanca- This is a classic in many people's minds, but not mine so much. I heard the hype and was disappointed.
Those I do not find worthy- Titanic. Kate Winslet and Billy Zane were great, but I did not see what all of the hype was about.
Same time next year. The cast and story could have been a lot better.
Amy Adams was at her best!
Just in time for St. Valentine's Day
14. Four Weddings and a Funeral- I thought that Hugh Grant and Andie Mac Dowell were awesome together. I have always seen Hugh grant as underrated and Andie, well what can I say about this beauty from South Carolina?
13. The Princess Bride- This has a "giant' cult following and introduced us to some actors and an actress that went on do big things in Hollywood. This was another modern day fairy tale.
12. My Girl- This was a unique love story and surprisingly good cast. They gelled well and this had and unforgettable ending.
11. It could happen to you- Nick was a generous police officer that had breakfast at a diner with his friends. When it came time to cover the tip, he was short. Feeling bad about doing this to his waitress, Bridgett Fonda, he showed her a lotto ticket and promised her half if he won. He won and all was perfect. Well, except for the fact that he was married to that troll Rosie Perez.
10. Sleepless in Seattle- This is one for the internet era (not that its an era). Meg and Tom were great together and this was the smash hit of that time.
9. City of Angels- Nick Cage is back again, and so is Meg Ryan. She made it on here a few times, and was in a lot of romance comedies. As the name implies, Nick is an Angel. Can you guess what happens when he comes to Planet Earth?
8. When Harry met Sally- Billy Crystal of all people is a ladies man/party animal that happens to bump into Meg again years after college. The sparks ignite as Meg owns one of the most famous scenes in modern day cinema!
7. The fault in our stars- Two cancer patients, with different types of cancer, meet while receiving treatment. This is one of the best if not the best romance since the millennium.
6.Enchanted- I am not a Patrick Dempsey fan, and I liked him better when he played a nerd.However Amy Adams gave the performance of her career. James Marsden, India Menzel, and Rachel Covey were excellent as well. This popped out of a story book and was very well done. I was surprised that this movie and Amy Adams did not win any Oscars!
The five flames that burn the hottest!
5.The Wedding Singer- This was one of the all time great romance comedies and was my pick for movie of the year. Adam and Drew were great together (that is why they keep casting them) and the music was perfect.
4. My Big Fat Greek Wedding- The Independent shocker of our time, poke fun at a culture and it's courting practices. It was done in good taste and was a huge hit with almost all age groups. Almost the entire cast gave their best performances, and that is why this worked so well.
3. Pretty Woman- Richard Gere and Julia were perfect together. From beginning to end, this wowed audiences every where. Hector Elizondo was very good as well.
2. The Notebook- One of my favorite actresses, Rachel Mc Adams stole the show in this modern day classic. Two people from two different worlds come together and prove that opposites attract.
1. Sabrina- Here is the one from Boggart that I had no problem with at all. Humphrey was good, but Audrey stole the show and everyone's heart.
- Vampire Movies-The 10 best.
These are a group of great movies to "suck up" before Halloween.
- Ghostbusters- A review to celebrate it's 30th Anniversary
The original Ghost busters turns 30 years old! This was a great classic that broke from the norm and was a gigantic hit. Do you remember the great one liners, the music, and the suspense? What were yo
- We Bought A Zoo. My review.
Great family movies are hard to find! Does this one qualify?
- The Fourteen most romantic love songs ever! Viewed over 10,000 times.
Here are some of the most special love songs that set the mood!