The Best Children's Songs ever!
Do your kids love to Sing?
Sesame, a street known for it's characters and also for it's music.
The Great and Immortal, Ray Charles!
Children and music: is anything more fun?
Children always love to sing, and music can always make learning, a lot more fun! I did some digging and, here is a list of some new pre-k and grade school hits, and some old favorites too.
Who almost made it? -I wanted to include Three blind mice, but the original is pretty violent. That may be why the 3 Stooges used it for their theme song.
- Conjunction Junction- School House Rock was a neat cartoon that taught the Saturday morning crowd a lot. I am not sure it was always the right thing but that's how it goes with some cartoons.
HERE ARE 10 GREAT hits to sing with and to your little ones!
Great songs of praise!
The one that will probably never go away!
The best for ever and ever!
12. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star- Simple, fun, and the lyrics are easy to remember! This is one you even hear little toddlers singing shortly after they start talking.
11. I am still just a bill- A school house Rock song that taught, in a general way, about how Washington D.C. operates, or how it should operate rather.
10. Old MacDonald- Yes, he had a farm. With an oink, oink here and an oink, oink, there.... I am sure that you know the rest! There were a lot of parodies of this that were fun as well.
9. If you're Happy and you know it- Clap your hands to this old favorite! One of the first instructional songs that kids can learn.
8. Shake and Move- Patty Shukla. Patty is super high energy and her songs are instructional and fun for little children.
Patty is the new sensation for kids!
More familiar favorites to sing a long to!
7. C is for Cookie,...- Cookie Monster. Nothing says superior singer like the name "Cookie Monster". I loved it, and the back up vocals by the other monsters were great too! You can't forget the monsters or any back up singers! It's too bad they ruined this character! Come on, he's a monster. He's not supposed eat health food like we are!
6. London Bridge- A great old repetitive, instructional song. David Bowie actually did a live version of this that was pretty cool! I have no idea why he stuck it in the middle of "Ziggy played guitar", but it was awesome!
5. Three is a magic number- Blind Mellon. I loved Blind Mellon's smooth remake for the Saturday Morning Show "School House Rock". A mathematical song about a man and a lady who had a little baby.
4. Mary Had A Little Lamb- This is a nursery rhyme style classic that was loved for decades by children everywhere.
3. Pop Goes the Weasel- This is an old "Jack in The Box" favorite! Later it was turned into a hip hop spoof smash hit by 3rdBase.
2. The Itsy Bitsy Spider- I like the rock version best! Yes there certainly was one!
1. ABC- Sesame Street made this one famous and a favorite teaching / learning tool! "Won't you sing along with me?"
There they are. Of course there are so many great ones, but this list will get you started.
An unforgettable favorite.
Other music and children's blogs
- The 10 coolest dogs from the cartoons. Wow, 2,000 reads!
The good old cartoons always had awesome dogs in them whether they were sidekicks or the main characters. Here are my twelve favorites.
- The 10 Funniest Songs EVER! The Revised List. The late great Leslie Neilson Does our Anthem! Read ov
The late Leslie and many others are remembered for their funny contributions to American Music!
- The best golden oldies! Motown and beyond.
At the end of the rainbow is a Golden Oldie! Here are the best!
These 20 songs are not necessarily in the dance or club beat genre, but they still make you want to move and grove!
- The 12 Best Opera Singers of all Times. Read over 50,000 times!
This is a list of the best opera singers as I see them. No I am not doing this on any organizations behalf. This is my list. Enjoy!