- Entertainment and Media»
The Best Instrumentals of All Times
Its time to rock and roll!
Truly a lost song!
What is an instrumental?
There are so many great instrumentals that fall into so many different music genres. This is just a list for fun, and some of my favorites.
So, what is an instrumental? It is usually seen as any song that has no lyrics. Its that simple.
Some on here were done originally done on an organ or guitar, while other by a band or an orchestra. Since then, most on this list have been redone and some mastered on other instruments.
Whether they are inspiring, calming or a rocking jam fest, instrumentals are one the most overlooked class of songs in music history. I love so many of these and hope you will too! Please comment below and tell me your favorites.
A masterpiece an the baritone guitar!
Here are my daring dozen!
12.Digging in-Harold Faltermeyer This was made famous in Fletch with Chevy Chase. I love the synthesizer in this one. Falter Meyer is brilliant!
11. Rebel Rouser-Dwayne Eddy Yes, this would have been left out by most writers, but I love it. Its a rock and roll, masterpiece!
10. Last Night- A beautiful ensemble lead on the piano.
9.Indian Jones's Theme- A whole orchestra and an amazing theme that brought the movie to life.
8. Starwars- Another awesome theme song that makes you want to go fight for freedom! What a beautiful arrangement that is even better when done by a live orchestra.
7.The Lost Song of Scotland- I love bag pipes and snares. This was amazing!
6.The Tree of Life- Form the movie, The Fountain. A very richly composed arrangement that seems to penetrate the soul.
One to raise the dead!
The fantastic five!
5.Chariots of Fire- Who could forget this? This was what made me want to watch the movie. The piano work in this was so captivating. The Academy agreed!
4. Bron Yr Aur-Led Zeppelin- With nothing but a single guitar, Jim Page awed the world of Rock and roll with this one. Robert's "Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww" at the end, set it off perfectly.Jimmy was the master!
3. The theme from Broken Arrow- Lead by a baritone guitar, and backed up by a full orchestra, this heroic piece is just awesome!
2.Jesu bleibet meine Freude-Bach A great hymn by the great one himself! I love this both on the guitar and on the pipe organ.
Here is my number one. These will surprise some, and I am sure that many fans of classical music will disagree. But, here it is!
1. Time is Tight-Booker T and the MG's This was an up beat and wild composition lead by an organ but taken over by a rock band! I love everything about this one! Sit back and enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUGsZgkjrco