The best 101 movies ever! Part 4
A classy classic!
This section has...
A lot of shooting ! Westerns and War movies are the main theme here, and then comedy rounds it out. Chaplin appeared many times on my list.
A great trailer.
Here are the 61- 80 best.
The top 80 begins.
80. Duck Soup (1933)- The classic comedy from the Marx Brothers. Groucho and harpo have never been imitated effectively. Their talents were completely unique and off the charts.
79. The Gold Rush (1925) - Starring Charlie Chaplin. He was the master at old school comedy!
78. The Apartment (1960) - Jack Lemmon and Fred MacMurray were comedic legends in many ways. Though Fred did many dramas, this genre is where he belonged.
77. Patton (1970) - He went through this list like crap going through a goose! Patton was an American legend!
76. The Jazz Singer (1924) -The one Al Jolson was remembered for. Another oldie but goodie!
75. My Fair Lady (1964 )- Audrey Appears again. Liza Doolittle is one of the most endured characters in American fantasy. One of the famous improvs. was when she yelled to her horse, "Move your blooming arse" . That was not scripted, and Audrey really added something when she yelled bellowed that out.
74. Wuthering Heights (1939) This was based on a classic novel and has been remade many times. The beautiful Merle Oberon was so underrated! She was great in this as was David Niven, and Laurence Olivier.
73. The Manchurian Candidate (1962) A POW was brainwashed by Communists and transformed into a political assassin. This is still considered one of the best political thrillers ever.
72. The Deer Hunter (1979)- Christopher Walken and Deniro were perfect together. This was almost as unusual as Apocalypse Now and almost as good.
71. Modern Times (1936) Chaplin was a master among professionals! I hope that children are shown his works as we were in school! This was a lot of fun, and one of his better flicks.
70. The Wild Bunch- (1969) This was a great adventure about a group of over the hill bank robbers that want to make one last move. This was probably Borgnine's best.
69. Stagecoach (1939 ) Claire Trevor, John Wayne, and John Carradine (of all people), bring this tale of an unexpected threat to the silver screen. John knew Westerns didn't he?
68. Shane (1953) Alan Ladd and Jack Palance squared off in this unique western about a mysterious stranger.
67. From Here to Eternity (1953) Burt Lancaster leads an all star cast in one of the best war movies ever.
66. The Passion of the Christ (2004 ) - James Caviezel and Mel Gibson team up in this amazing, and epic version of the greatest story ever told.
65. Saving Private Ryan (1998 ) -This movie begins with the storming of the beaches of Normandy. Then, Tom hanks and his team are tasked with a most unusual mission. Heroric tales like this never fade away!
64. The Great Dictator (1940)- A war docudrama that was about a character that was anything but funny. This was an old great though!
63. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969) Robert and the immortal Paul are good at getting into trouble. Will they be able to shoot their way out?
62. It Happened One Night. Clark Gable's last appearance on my list. This was a fun and quirky romance comedy.
61. The best Years of our Lives -What wasn't Mirna Loy awesome in?
More movie blogs!
- The best 101 movies ever! I just may surprise you.
Here is my list. It will be different than any other. I am not influenced by anyone or anything, other than my love of writing.
- Citizen Kane- Is it the best movie ever?
A review of the movie and my weigh in on one of the oldest debates to come out of Hollywood. Please remember to vote in the poll!