- Entertainment and Media
Top Free Sites for Advertising Your Music
See what's happening on MySpace! Find friends & classmates, meet new people, listen to free music & build playlists, share photos, watch videos, start a blog, read celebrity news, get cool apps, free IM & more
- Incompatible Browser | Facebook
Facebook is a social utility that connects people with friends and others who work, study and live around them. People use Facebook to keep up with friends, upload an unlimited number of photos, post links and videos, and learn more about the people
The best tools for musicians and the best music for everyone else.
- CDBaby : Discover Music
CD Baby is the largest online distributor of independent music. CDBaby.com is our quaint little record store where we hope you will discover your next favorite artist.
- Rising Artists International
The web's largest independent music community and home to the definitive charts of the best emerging artists. Visit GarageBand.com for FREE mp3 downloads or to promote your music.
- Just Plain Folks Songwriting & Musician Networking Organization
Just Plain Folks is a group of over 43,500 Songwriters, Recording Artists, Music Publishers, Record Labels, Performing Arts Societies, Educational Institutions, Recording Studios and Engineers, Producers, Legal Professionals, Publicists and Journalis
- Muzic Street - Online Music Resource | Home
Music resource. Free advertising and promotion for independent and unsigned bands and artists or anyone seeking music employment. Also music news, reviews, charts, shops and links to music resources.
Bebo provides an open, engaging, and fun environment that empowers a new generation to discover, connect and express themselves.
Some of the best sites I use and recommend
There are more than a few sites being advertised that can help get your music out there, but more than 75% of them want money. If you want to advertise but don't want to spend the money right now, these are some of the vest sites I use and recommend.
- Reverb Nation: This is probably one of my favorites. I can upload all my music, pictures, upcoming show information and more quick, easy and free. You can find new venues, get fans, even make your own merchandise store. I've used this site for over 2 years and it's been extremely helpful. You can post a widget right onto you face book page that people can click on and instantly hear your songs. It links up with all the social network sites like twitter and my space, which is helpful when recruiting fans.
- Face Book:Chances are you already have a face book page but if you haven't made a fan page you're missing out. You can make a separate page just for your fans and post all your info. It's easy to use and anytime you're on your personal face book page you can check the status of your fan page. Free and simple!
- My Space: Is probably one of the most used sites for musicians. There are millions of people on everyday, just make yourself a musician page and fill in the blanks. Add a music player for samples of your music and all your show information.
- CD Baby: For those of you that already have an album released, CD Baby is an awesome distributor. They will sell your CD's with minimal distribution fees and if you want they'll manage all your distribution needs by putting you on other sites like Napster, iTunes and Amazon.
- Rising Artist International: Free music promotion. This site allows you to connect with other people in the industry, listen to new artists that are independent and unsigned and features songwriters in their newsletters and blogs. It has a ton of features you'll love.
- Garage Band.com: A great site for people that have home studios, bands or love independent music in general. You can register your band's name and upload your music for others to hear.
- Just Plain Folks: Over 10.000 musicians and songwriters in this on-line community. A great way to social network, meet other artists and it's all free.
- Muzic Street: Mostly for independent artists and freelance musicians looking to score a job or gig.
- Bebo: A social networking site that allows you to upload your music and share it with fans