Top Ten Dr. Gregory House Quotes
I am a big House, M.D. fan. Although I admit, the last two seasons, I didn't watch as religiously as I did the previous six. I don't know why...there was just something about it I didn't like. It had nothing to do with Hugh Laurie. God, no. I love that man. I think he was perfect as Dr. Gregory House. His comedic timing was perfect. His seriousness was awesome. His American accent...well, I prefer his British one over that, but that's just me. He did do a good American accent. My husband and sister-in-law did not know he was British until I told them.
I've known about Hugh Laurie for years before House, M.D. came about. My mother has been a fan of his for years and years. His best friend, Stephen Fry, was one of his co-horts. They did Jeeves and Wooster together, as well as Fry & Laurie. Hugh also did the Blackadder series with Rowan Atkinson, of Mr. Bean fame. My mom accuses me of paying no attention to Hugh until House, M.D. came along. It's not totally true. I've always had my eye on him but House just made him pop to me.
Top Ten House Quotes
Here are my top ten Dr. House quotes!
- "Everybody lies."
- “Like I always say, there's no "I" in team. There's a "me" though, if you jumble it up.”
- “The drugs don't make me high, they make me neutral.”
- "Men are pigs. [They will] pretty much have sex with anyone, fat, skinny, married, single, complete strangers, relatives."
- "People like talking about people. Makes us feel superior. Makes us feel in control. And sometimes, for some people, knowing some things makes them care."
- "If you can fake sincerity, you can fake pretty much anything."
- "...like the philosopher Jagger once said, 'You can't always get what you want.'"
- "What usually happens when you poke something with a stick? It pokes back."
- “Perseverance does not equal worthiness. Next time you want to get my attention, wear something fun. Low-riding jeans are hot.” (This one made me giggle.)
- “[To Cameron at Christmas] Candy canes? Are you trying to mock me?”
My favorite House, M.D. clip EVER
I will miss House, M.D. now that the series is over. I watched the finale and I liked it. It wasn't what I thought it was going to be. I cried at the end, then I squee'd, and then I cried some more because it was the end.
I will miss the weekly snark. The weekly drooling over Hugh Laurie and his sexiness. Thank you, Hugh, for eight wonderful seasons.
© 2012 Jamie Sykes