Can't Stand Losing You: Surviving The Police
Andy Summers' Biography "One Train Later" - Now a Feature Film!
In 2006, guitarist Andy Summers released his autobiography "One Train Later," which chronicled his life in music - most notably his years in the tremendously popular pop-rock band The Police with Sting and Stewart Copeland. After many years of speculation and delays, a much-anticipated version of his story has been used as the basis for a new documentary film: "Can't Stand Losing You: Surviving The Police."
The film covers not just the years written about in his book, but of course The Police's highly successful Reunion Tour of 2007-2008. After a limited release in theaters at various festivals, the film is now available on DVD and Blu-Ray.
On this page you will find a collection of links and news about the film, compiled for all fans of Andy Summers and The Police. And of course, you'll find information on how to get a copy of the film for yourself!
"Can't Stand Losing You" Official Trailer
"Can't Stand Losing You: Surviving The Police" - Frequently Asked Questions
- When will "Can't Stand Losing You: Surviving The Police" be released? The film's premiere took place November 9, 2012 at the DOCNYC film festival. Andy Summers himself was in attendance to talk about the film afterward with the audience. (I was there!)
- Who was involved in the film's production? Director: Andy Grieve, Lauren Lazin; Producers: Brett Morgen, Bob Yari, Nicolas Cage, Norman Golightly; Cinematographer: Tom Hurwitz, A.S.C.Editor: Andy Grieve; Music: Andy Summers, The Police; Running Time: 83 minLanguage: English; Country: USA
- Is this the same film that's listed on the Internet Movie Database as "One Train Later" (2011)? Yes - and they've now corrected the title.
- How can I get a copy of the film? A Dutch-produced DVD and BluRay was released on June 26, 2013. While the DVD is Region 2 specific, the BluRay is not region specific - meaning you should be able to play it on any BluRay machine worldwide. An import is now also available from Amazon, as listed here.
Andy Talking About the Film: Interviews and Premiere Video Footage
Links to More Information about the Film - Reviews, information pages, etc
- "Can't Stand Losing You (2012)" - IMDb
Internet Movie Database page for the film
- Can't Stand Losing You at the PoliceWiki
Wiki page about the film, from the unofficial fan-run wiki.
- Can't Stand Losing You: Film Review
Review from the Vintage Rock website
- Film Review
From "The Hollywood Reporter"
- The Police's Andy Summers on Turning His Memoir Into a Documentary
Interview in Rolling Stone magazine
Have you read Andy Summers' biography?
"One Train Later" - Get a Copy of Andy Summers' Biography
Andy Summers' "One Train Later" has received high praise from many critics and fans alike. With depreciating honesty and dry British wit, he tells of many adventures and incidents throughout his life, including encounters with everyone from Eric Clapton to Jimi Hendrix, and even John Belushi. BlogCritics calls it "humorous, sad, and complex - a thorough examination of a conflicted man holding nothing back." RockHack says "Ian Copeland's book had a more colorful description of getting their gear out of customs in Egypt, but Summers otherwise provides plenty of choice anecdotes about touring in exotic locales." Entertainment Weekly praised it as "A rollicking, you-are-there history of the '60s" and The Daily Vault notes how "Summers renders one scene after another with a rich mixture of clarity and bemusement, conveying both the intimate details and, with the benefit of twenty years' perspective, the greater significance and/or absurdity of any given situation along his twisting path."
For a Different Perspective on Life in The Police...
Sockii's Other Pages About The Police
A Beginner's Guide To The Police: Their Music and History
The Police were one of the hottest bands of the late 70s and early 80s, rocking the charts with such now-classic songs as "Roxanne", "Message ...
Guitarist Andy Summers of The Police
Andy Summers is best known for his years as the guitarist for the rock band The Police. His innovative, instantly recognizable sound was as critical to the b...
Klark Kent's "Yo Ho Ho" - My Favorite Christmas Song!
The Christmas season means Christmas music, and most of us have favorite Christmas songs we don't mind listening to again and again (and again...) during tha...
The Police Tour 2007-2008: My Wild Adventures Following The Band
In February 2007, the classic rock band from the 70s and 80s The Police announced what many fans had dreamed of for decades: thirty years after the release o...
Stewart Copeland - The Rhythmatist of The Police
Most people know Stewart Copeland as the drummer for the rock band The Police. But while his work with Sting and Andy Summers was some of his most popular, S...
Stewart Copeland Soundtracks
Stewart Copeland may be most widely known as the drummer for the rock band The Police. But he has also developed a notable career as a prolific and much in-d...
Stewart, Sting, Andy and Henry: The Police Autobiographes
How many rock bands can you name where every member of the band has published an autobiography? Honestly, I'd like to know because I can't think of any other...
The Ultimate Police Fan Survey
Are you a fan of The Police, and band members Sting, Stewart Copeland and Andy Summers? If so, here's your chance to sound off with your opinions on the band...