Fernando Lima: The Man Behind the Music
I had the pleasure of being introduced to Fernando Lima and Sarah Brightman on the same evening, singing a duet, PasiÃ³n.
While I would like to be able to boast that I met them in person, I fear that I cannot truthfully make such a claim. However, I was watching PBS (Public Broadcasting Station) one night when they were raising money to continue producing and showing the programs many children have come to enjoy viewing - in North America, anyway.
I was flipping through channels trying to find something to watch for a few minutes when I heard the most glorious music I had ever heard. I was captivated and, though I was supposed to go to work the next morning and needed my rest, I remained awake listening as one song after another was performed, largely featuring Sarah Brightman.
I had heard of neither until that night; now, I'd recognize their names and some of their songs in a heartbeat. Because it was late that night, I got my rest but, after returning from work the next evening, I checked Amazon before even eating. I purchased three CDs featuring Sarah Brightman and Fernando Lima.
Though this lens will focus primarily on Fernando Lima, in all honesty, both of their music have become a part of my life.
Photo credit: Last fm
from Facebook fan page
A Few Facts About Fernando Lima
There are always little facts about our favorite performers that we don't always know. I've gathered these facts from various places across the Internet. However, I'm going to put a spin on it, where possible, in relation to my own life.
- (Mario) Fernando Lima was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina, on May 7, 1975. * He is 3 years younger than me yet has become more famous than I could ever hope to be. Not bad at all! *
- Fernando is a classical music singer (countertenor) and Spanish is his chief language. * I've had an interest in learning Spanish for a few years but can never get consistent time to learn it. It sounds so romantic and beautiful; I must learn it. I must!*
- At the age of 10, he moved to Madrid, Spain. He completed a degree in voice and saxophone at San Lorenzo del Escorial, in Madrid. He received the "Paloma O'Shea" scholarship which enabled him to participate in a Reina Sofia graduate program.
- When Fernando Lima was 21, he moved to London, England. He continued his doctorate studies in Barroque, Renaissance music and opera at Trinity College of Music; he also joined the Monteverdi choir.
- His song, "PasiÃ³n," is the theme song from the Mexican telenovela of the same name; the song is also a duet with Soprano crossover singer, Sarah Brightman.
- His debut album, PasiÃ³n, was released on February 5, 2008.
- Besides singing, Lima writes stories for children and adults, as well as poetry and plays. He is a puppeteer, puppet maker and puppet.
Fernando Limo on Amazon - Sarah Brightman, too.
The first album shows Fernando's release. I've also included albums of Sarah Brightman's which features duets with Fernando Lima.
This is a very passionate album. You will definitely enjoy these songs which leave a lasting impression. Even when songs are recorded in Spanish, they still sound beautiful and make you wish you could live inside the emotions conveyed within the songs.
After seeing parts of this release on television, I just had to buy it and I've never regretted it. It's absolutely breath-taking and spell-binding, if you can say that about music. It's one of the greatest albums I've ever heard - recorded by anyone!
Singing PasiÃ³n with Sarah Brightman in Vienna, 2008
Fernando Lima and Sarah Brightman - Singing PasiÃ³n Live in Vienna
Providing his autograph to a fan
Fernando Lima on MP3
If you would like to purchase a song in MP3 format, there are various songs here to choose from.
Fernando Lima and Sarah Brightman - Featuring Ave Maria
I absolutely love his music and his duets with Sarah Brightman are quite powerful. What do you think?