jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

A Charles Dickens Classic

1. Jacqueline4390 profile image90
    Jacqueline4390posted 2 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/12058962.jpg
    There are numerous versions of this Charles Dickens Classic: A Christmas Carol. Which is your favorite?

Jacqueline4390posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I have two favorites: The Muppet Christmas Carol and the version with George C. Scott playing Ebenezer Scrooge. There is also a musical version that's really great! It has a lively little tune called "Thank you very much!"

1. gmwilliams profile image83
        gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

LOVE the version with Albert Finney, it is a DARKER version of the movie classic!

Yes ... Albert Finney was in the 1970s version! That is a good one. Reginald Owen was in the 1938 version which I believe is the longest and extremely good as well! George C. Scott was in the 1984 version! All these are great! Michael Caine is in the 1992 Muppet version.

2. bBerean profile image61
      bBereanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I enjoy many of these renditions, but found the 2004 Musical staring Kelsey Grammer particularly enjoyable.  Writing was clever, and the performances were well executed.

I will have to check if I have seen that.

1. bBerean profile image61
          bBereanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If you do, let me know what you think.  Haven't seen it in years, but remember enjoying it.  I think I'll find it to watch again this year.

I will check in the am so I don't go to sleep on it.

2. profile image60
    DJ Andersonposted 2 years ago

Oh, George C. Scott, by far is my favorite Christmas Carol.  It does make me think about the past year and if I have been as good and kind a person as I should have been.
    There are many, but George C. is the one that has the biggest turn-a-round from his
    Bah-Hum-Bug attitude.
    Merry Christmas to you, Jacqueline!
    DJ.

working