jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

The Perfect Guy

1. realtalk247 profile image72
    realtalk247posted 2 years ago

Interesting movie. What were your thoughts? 

The movie was good but a little too much was revealed in the previews which left me expecting the next moves in the plot.  The story line was predictable but there were some great action scenes that were really good. 
    The movie did highlight the difficulties of prosecuting stalkers and how difficult someone can make your life when they won't let you go.  It highlighted the actions and difficulties stalkers cause their victims and those who love and know them. 

What was your overall impression of the movie?
    http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12639711.jpg

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image88
    Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years ago

They really should have named the movie, Me and My Crazy Stalker. Nevertheless, I am quite interested to see it. And whats with the unnatural looking boobs in the poster? Very poorly designed movie poster with everything centered, in my opinion. Could have used more dramatic lighting on the faces …
    oh well.

1. realtalk247 profile image72
      realtalk247posted 2 years ago in reply to this

It's amazing that there are people out in the world 100% crazy.  The way the movie exposed how someone can trust a man showing interest without asking any questions is disturbing.  Investigative discovery episodes are real and based on true stories -this movie displayed the obstacles women faced when stalked.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image88
        Kathryn L Hillposted 18 months ago in reply to this

I finally saw this movie. The man who ended up being the stalker seemed like a good guy until he violently displayed a really bad temper by beating someone up with almost no cause. He had displayed perfectly good traits up until this point. The movie revealed that he had been an orphan and had lived in foster homes and therefore had psychological issues. The woman was understandably done with him at this point, but he couldn't handle the rejection. After he killed her neighbor and her true love, despite restraining orders, she took matters into her own hands. That she had the strength to do this was portrayed as a virtue in this movie. She tricked him to enter her house where she then shot him and was finally free of him.

The character of the stalker could have been amped up a little more. The actor had great potential to be a real con man type, but he seemed totally innocent until he suddenly went bonkers. The focus was on her, but it would've made make a better story line if the missed cues and psychological hints of his character had been played up. Perhaps there is a movie like this?

The positive aspect of this movie is that it reveals how women bring this type of situation upon themselves. She wouldn't have had to kill him if she had been a little more prudent and avoid, as she admitted she had a tendency to do, jumping into things.

1. colorfulone profile image89
          colorfuloneposted 18 months ago in reply to this

"The positive aspect of this movie is that it reveals how women bring this type of situation upon themselves."

Sadly, many woman do not have a good sense of self-preservation, it is naive and some times fatal.  I hope the movie does well and drives the lesson learned home.   

Thank you for the review, Kathryn.

It was subtle and not preachy. It was a low key, but clear message.

3. paradigmsearch profile image84
    paradigmsearchposted 18 months ago

When I saw the thread title, I thought you were talking about me. But I see it's about the movie. Never mind.

Hi, Perfect Guy  ^_^

1. paradigmsearch profile image84
        paradigmsearchposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Paradigmsearch is on his deathbed and knows the End is Near. Paradigmsearch’s nurse, his son, two daughters, and Spot are with him. He asks for two witnesses to be present and a camcorder to record his last wishes. When all is ready he begins to speak.

“My daughter… Christy, I want you to take the Mayfair Houses."

“My daughter … "Marina, You take the apartments on the East End”

“My son … Paul, I want you to take the offices in the City Centre.”

"Spot… my dear dog and true best friend, you have all the residential buildings on the Banks of the River.”

The nurses and the witnesses are blown away …. shocked by the extent of his holdings … and then Paradigmsearch quickly passes away.

The nurse says … “ He must have been a hardworking man to have accumulated all this property for his family."

Spot replies … "What property? The deadbeat had a paper route!"

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image88
    Kathryn L Hillposted 18 months ago

lol

working