jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

I saw this movie when I was very young and can't seem to remember the name of it

1. profile image48
    momocooposted 8 years ago

I saw this movie when I was very young and can't seem to remember the name of it.

It’s about these three astronauts that something goes wrong and end up off course and end up stuck on a planet. The main guy, we get flashbacks of when they are on earth and it shows that his wife died before they went on to their mission. The astronauts explore the planet and find this giant door. At the end the alien is telling the main guy that he is the one to save a dying planet, and the other two astronauts fix their ship and leave; while the main guy stays behind with the alien to have his "DNA" sent to the dying planet. It's hinted that he dies.

2. Zumbie Knows profile image54
    Zumbie Knowsposted 8 years ago

I think the film you're talking about is Mission To Mars (2000), starring Gary Sinise.

Zumbie Knows (a.k.a. Frank Kurtz)

3. sasanqua profile image80
    sasanquaposted 8 years ago

Yep, Zumbie Knows is correct, the film is indeed Mission to Mars.

4. pinkboxer profile image59
    pinkboxerposted 7 years ago

One of my all-time favorite movies...Mission to Mars.

5. rickzimmerman profile image82
    rickzimmermanposted 7 years ago

If you're in the mood for a quite underrated stranded-on-Mars movie, check out 'Red Planet' with Val Kilmer in one of his better roles (also with Cary-Ann Moss, Tom Sizemore, Benjamin Bratt, Simon Baker, and Terence Stamp). Believable science and a pretty tidy plot.

working