jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Women in the Rap Industry: WTF

1. Jaded.Versatility profile image62
    Jaded.Versatilityposted 8 years ago

Why can't there be more modesty in the appearance of women in hip-hop? Men feel obligated to shape and mold female artists into the stereotype that has been set for female artists in particular genres. You don't see the Dixie Chicks with thongs on washing cars in their videos, or Garth Brooks grabbing his crotch soliciting an opportunity to be a receiver of "head". So why the culture of hip-gop can’t grow up and advance, a little bit? No? Well, how about we implement segregation within the industry, protecting decent artist from being thrown in the "hoe" bunch. This shit really bothers me. I'll have more to say after I listen to some of your views. Have at it.

1. fierycj profile image77
      fierycjposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You forgot Pussy Cat Dolls. Lol. No one knows a word of their song, but they're selling like mad!

2. Drew Breezzy profile image74
    Drew Breezzyposted 8 years ago

Well being cliche sells plain and simple. You can make a quick buck but typically these artists find there way out of the industry, example Kellis.

Lady Sovereign doesn't use her body image to sell records as far as I know but my knowledge on Lady Sovereign is limited.

1. fierycj profile image77
      fierycjposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Lady Sovereign is the shit! No kidding.

3. Jaded.Versatility profile image62
    Jaded.Versatilityposted 8 years ago

Lol. Thanks guys. I'll keep that in mind.

4. AsherKade profile image59
    AsherKadeposted 8 years ago

personally, I think things have gone to hell in a hand basket since I was little. But, there is some mild enjoyment in seeing a crotch grab or two in a video as long as people keep their nuts and bolts, and dessert saucers tucked in and packaged modestly.

1. Lady_E profile image80
      Lady_Eposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Lol.

working