jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Who is your favorite jazz musician?

1. lrohner profile image82
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

Who is your favorite jazz musician?

2. Moxyl profile image74
    Moxylposted 7 years ago

Hiromi Uehara as Jazz pianist definitely! Jamie Cullum is another one that I find it so smartly marketed as a pop/jazz singer, there's no harm in spreading Jazz tune in pop market rite?

And yourself?

3. Cookie411 profile image60
    Cookie411posted 7 years ago

I love almost all of George Benson's music.  He's my favorite jazz guitarist.

4. cookie8888 profile image70
    cookie8888posted 7 years ago

My favorite jazz musician is either miles davis or wes montgomery.

5. Piotr Yordanov profile image59
    Piotr Yordanovposted 7 years ago

I recently discovered Victor Wooten... this guy has such an incredible sound...
    there sure are astonishing artists out there.... but this one is really good smile

6. joshmann profile image60
    joshmannposted 7 years ago

John Coltrane.
    I'm really into Kenny Garrett as well, you can hear a tonne of Contrane influence in his playing

7. Just Ask Susan profile image90
    Just Ask Susanposted 7 years ago

I have so many but would have to say Dave Brubeck is at the top of my list.

8. FCEtier profile image76
    FCEtierposted 7 years ago

Paul Desmond.
    He wrote "Take Five" and seemed to thrive in the upper stratosphere of the scales -- without squeaks and squawks.  There are a lot of great sax players, but he was tops with the alto.

9. profile image53
    Steve Curlessposted 5 years ago

I can't give just one answer. My favorite "jazz" musician of all time is guitarist-composer John McLaughlin of Mahavishnu Orchestra and Shakti fame. But my favorite current musician is the extraordinary pianist-composer Hiromi Uehara. She is taking jazz and "fusion" to new and wonderful places.

working