jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

i have a dry hair and bands and use vo5 shampoo and conditioner{dry hair}is this

1. profile image48
    rosh08posted 7 years ago

i have a dry hair and bands and use vo5 shampoo and conditioner{dry hair}is this a good one or...

no. suggest me some tips to get my hair flowing and glowing like silk

2. ambee12 profile image78
    ambee12posted 7 years ago

Paul Mitchell shampoos are really good.  Store bought ones are too rough on the hair.  There is also a green tea shampoo and conditioner by Paul Mitchell which is very gentle to the hair and makes it silky.

3. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 7 years ago

VO5 is extremely rough on the hair, as are hair dryers and many types of hair bands. Many of the lower-end shampoos contain sodium lauryl sulfate and/or sodium laureth sulfate, both of which are skin irritants and can cause dry hair and scalp issues. These products also contain an overwhelming amount of silicone-based ingredients (anything ending in -cone), the purpose of which is to coat the hair and make it LOOK healthy, though it also seals off moisture and nutrients so that hair can't get what it needs to actually BE healthy. Of the manufactured shampoos and conditioners, my personal favorite is ProSante, though salons will generally carry a few good ones as well. Check out my hub for a little more information on how to grow healthy hair:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Starting-on-the … althy-Hair

4. Craan profile image68
    Craanposted 7 years ago

To make your hair silky it is important to use a very gently shampoo and use coconut oil as a pre shampoo conditioner. All you need to do is apply the coconut oil to your dry hair then apply a plastic cap to help the oil penetrate deep into your hair shaft. The longer you leave the coconut oil the silkier your hair will be. Do this every week and you will forget you ever had dry hair.

5. nmarta131 profile image59
    nmarta131posted 6 years ago

I have wavy hair that tends to get dried out in the winter and puffs up to three times it's normal size. I started using Advanced Techniques Damage Repair shampoo and conditioner. It is a miracle! My hair is soft and flowing, no frizz, and no dry ends. You should definately give it a try.

working