jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Who is your favorite band?

1. avondale_listen profile image55
    avondale_listenposted 7 years ago

Who is your favorite band?

When did you first hear them? What makes them special to you? Do you have a favorite album or song by them? Basically anything you think is interesting about this band... smile

2. Ironracer profile image69
    Ironracerposted 7 years ago

I'd say, overall, Metallica.  I don't like their new stuff, but their older stuff really helped me through my adolescence.  I remember listening to Fade to Black in High School and feeling like I wasn't the only one that felt that way!  Some of us on the football team used to say "Damage, Inc" when we hit an opponent hard too.  I also saw them live two nights in a row in Denver.  It was awesome. They played that tour without an opening act.  I think it was called "An Evening With Metallica".  What about you?

3. Doc Snow profile image97
    Doc Snowposted 7 years ago

Spirit.

Their four "classic" albums came out from about 68 to 71:

1)  Eponymous, AKA "the four faces album"
    2)  "The Family That Plays Together"
    3)  "Clear"
    4)  "12 Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus"

The second features their one Top 40 hit, "I Got A Line On You;"  the fourth probably ultimately became the band's best selling album, featuring such tunes as "Nature's Way" and "Mister Skin."

All four feature great arrangements by Marty Paich and terrific out-of-the-box songwriting by the band.  Also outstanding was the guitar work of Randy California, who drowned in 1997.

4. voice in season profile image61
    voice in seasonposted 7 years ago

I really like both Neon Trees and Vampire Weekend. I first heard them on Alt Nation on xm radio. I loved Vampire Weekend at first because they had such light music, but their lyrics had much deeper implications. Neon Trees is the most fun music I have ever heard and they have a good variety of sounds that are all rooted in pop and blues, which I think is an interesting combination. My favorite songs by Vampire Weekend are Giving up the Gun and I Stand Corrected. Its pretty cool that they all met in New York while attending Columbia. My favorite Neon Trees songs are 1983 and Sins of My Youth. Both these bands are definitely worth checking out

5. MyJourney profile image61
    MyJourneyposted 7 years ago

The Saw Doctors - they are from Ireland and they put on a great live show!

working