jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What are a few good indie bands?

1. jakecreps profile image65
    jakecrepsposted 6 years ago

What are a few good indie bands?

2. flacoinohio profile image81
    flacoinohioposted 6 years ago

The Arctic Monkeys aren't bad, they are interesting to say the least.  The drummer is awesome.

3. profile image0
    Olde Cashmereposted 6 years ago

Nada Surf (Most known for their hit single "popular"back in the 90's) this band has gone on to make several fantastic albums that resonate within the indie scene. They are a great band with an emphasis on good song craft. Check out their album "Let Go" some good songs from that album are "hi speed soul" "fruit fly" "killian's red" all in all a solid album. Thrice is also incredible and it's a shame they don't get enough attention. Check out their albums "Beggars" and "major/minor"

4. ladeda profile image60
    ladedaposted 6 years ago

I've always loved Stars ever since I first heard their album Set Yourself on Fire. They're an indie pop band out of Toronto, Canada.

5. Gareth Pritchard profile image85
    Gareth Pritchardposted 5 years ago

REM, when I got into them in 1983 with Pretty Persuasion, where an Indie Band.

Pixies, Monkey Gone To Heaven 1988, what a song, as good now as it was then.

A House,  1980s to the 1990s, song writer Dave Couse, Alternative rock, Indie rock, Endless Art and More Endless Art, great list songs, all art is quite useless according to Oscar Wild.

6. jakecreps profile image65
    jakecrepsposted 5 years ago

I like bands like Bon Iver and Fleet Foxes and James Morrison.