jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What do you think?

1. Syrusv37 profile image89
    Syrusv37posted 7 years ago

What do you think?

Is twenty years old too old to be in a band? I have both a handful of people telling me to be an adult and pursue adult careers, but on the other hand, I know what my passions are I'm realistic. I have back up plans in action, but still..do you think that's too old or what?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4389009_f260.jpg

2. Tom T profile image69
    Tom Tposted 7 years ago

So long as you don't have any obligations to others like a wife or kids, I say go for it for a couple years.  Let your realistic side be your guide.  What you don't want to do is to get into your 30's and have to start from the bottom.  So I say give it a go but have some sense of where you want to be and if you are not getting there in the time you want/need, consider other options. Good Luck.

3. saifhayel profile image79
    saifhayelposted 7 years ago

if you don't do what you really love now then you will regret in the future, plus twenty years old is not that old, I say go for it.

4. Angeleyes41 profile image60
    Angeleyes41posted 7 years ago

No, it is not go with your heart at the end of the day all that matters is what you believe, not what others think. smile

5. jwood00 profile image75
    jwood00posted 7 years ago

No, it's not too old. A friend of mine from high school was asked to join a band a few years ago. He  was around your age then. Now, he's signed to a major label and touring. Even if you don't make it, you'll be doing something you enjoy.

6. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

Many musicians are much older.  You need to asses your talent, your obligations and your potential future.  It's your life and you won't get another chance to be young.  Age 30 is not too old to start life all over again.

7. avalencia_25 profile image61
    avalencia_25posted 7 years ago

If the talent is there go for it man! You will never know unless you try don't have any regrets in life.

8. Klena profile image63
    Klenaposted 7 years ago

If this is what you're passionate about, then you should go for it for a while and see where your dreams take you. I know many musicians are older than 20 and have been in bands for years now.

You sound like you've got a good head on your shoulders and have back-up plans so why not? You owe it to yourself to try.

working