jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Does it P*** you off the way people are generally more focussed on how an actor/

1. Iontach profile image86
    Iontachposted 7 years ago

Does it P*** you off the way people are generally more focussed on how an actor/actress looks...

rather than their actual acting capabilities?

2. Sarah Masson profile image68
    Sarah Massonposted 7 years ago

Yes...very annoying indeed. It should be about their perfomance not what they look like. It's ridiculous.

3. Right On Time profile image62
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

Maybe...actually yeah sometimes. See I find an actor/actress more appealing when I admire their acting. THey also look a little generic now anyway. No more Sophia Loren's thats for sure.

4. AngusNz profile image60
    AngusNzposted 7 years ago

People generally are not bothered its the industry that determines the stereotypes,

5. plogan721 profile image82
    plogan721posted 7 years ago

Yes I am.   The reason is it is all makeup.   makeup covers up the scars, and the blemishes of the person, then there is photoshop.  Photoshop can do wonders to a actor/actress who has a bad hair day, or has eaten too much.   i really do not think that Angelina Joi is a great actress and Brad Pitt is a bad actor, but yet they are a power couple.  Of what?  Just because they can adopt and pump out kids that does not do anything to me.

6. acejillian profile image57
    acejillianposted 7 years ago

It doesn't really bother me, to be honest. I've grown up to just accept what Hollywood does with and to their stars. Not to say I agree, I just accept that in this society looks are everything. To me, Megan Fox's dress at the Golden Globes didn't cover up the fact that she's really not that good of an actress, but I'm sure she looked great in it with that body and her done up hair and make up. And to a lot of people, that's all that really matters.

7. Jarn profile image83
    Jarnposted 7 years ago

Yes, but then again, so few female roles are cast in which the actress is expected to be anything more than an ass and pair of tits, it's not like they ever get the chance to show their acting ability in the first place. So the question we should ask ourselves is, are we focussing on an actor/actress's appearance because that's the sort of superficial people we are, or because it's all we're given to scrutinize thanks to a wholly shallow Hollywood and mass media?

8. Jordan Hemmann profile image59
    Jordan Hemmannposted 7 years ago

::cough:: Megan Fox ::cough::

I understand why she was in Transformers, but her career should be over now.