Does television evangelism serve a viable purpose in America or is it all about

1. Wayne Brown profile image85
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Does television evangelism serve a viable purpose in America or is it all about greed and money?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

Once you understand that the same persons that own Reuters and the Associated press own idiot pseudo Christian TBN; you can then come to the realization that the many vast divides in the American psyche are inflamed by design.

Order out of chaos, it's on the back of your dollars, in Latin.

3. tnderhrt23 profile image73
    tnderhrt23posted 7 years ago

This is a loaded question, Wayne, that churns up alot of debris inside my gut. First, let me say that I believe it is a dangerous thing to assume to know the motive of the human heart. So for me to say that, all television evangelism is about greed and money is unfair. With this in mind, I have a bit of personal experience with this subject, via my mother, who is now deceased. She supported certain t.v. evangelists, loyally by both viewing faithfully and by contributions. One of those evangelists that she supported, happily took her money. She signed up for a 7 day tour of Israel with him, a life long dream, paid for 9 months, then had a cancer relapse 13 days before departure. After avoiding her phone calls for 2 weeks, this man of God informed her that her money was already spent and could not be returned. We are talking about over $3000. here. My mother, at our urging, contacted a local television news channel "problem solver" and went public with her problem. The day before airing, this television evangelist called my mom and begged her not to go forward with the airing, promising to pay her back in installments.The clip aired, and her money was refunded in full within the week.
    This much I know. My mom, and literally thousands of believers like her are ministered to within their homes on a daily basis, and give happily from their hearts. TV evangelism is a money maker, no doubt, but then so are churches. To assume that all tv evangelists, and/or all pastors are in it for money only is making a very huge leap indeed, one I cannot in good conscience make. I do confess, however, that I am a skeptic...yes, a confirmed skeptic.

working