jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

What do you do when Christian evangelists (Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Baptist

1. Torch Harrison profile image83
    Torch Harrisonposted 7 years ago

What do you do when Christian evangelists (Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Baptists) show up at...

your door?

2. Jeff Berndt profile image85
    Jeff Berndtposted 7 years ago

If I'm busy, I ask them to come back another time. If not, I listen to what they have to say. Sometimes I even invite them in and serve coffee. I don't have a monopoly on wisdom. They might have something to say that I need to hear.

3. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

I will show them the ways and principals of my own faith.

4. terced ojos profile image68
    terced ojosposted 7 years ago

I witness to them.

I tell them that Jesus does not have a brother who is the Archangel Michael.

Michael is a created being and Jesus is God. Jesus created the angels.

I tell them that anyone who calls on the name of the lord will be saved not just a hundred and forty four people.

5. Hi-Jinks profile image60
    Hi-Jinksposted 7 years ago

I will talk to them outside, but never in the house. I will tell them what to believe. My garden needs fertilizing.

6. rvsource profile image56
    rvsourceposted 7 years ago

If you have interest in what they are selling, so to speak, invite them in. If you don't tell them so.

7. profile image0
    exjwlaurieposted 7 years ago

As a former Jehovah's Witness, I can tell you that the most powerful, thought provoking question I was ever asked by a "householder" when I was engaged in the "field service" ministry was this:

"What if everything you have ever believed about God and the Bible was wrong?"

That was 25 years ago, and I can tell you--that one question stuck with me, like a "sliver" in my heart for all these years. Last year in July when I became "born-again" in Christ, I remembered the huge impact that this one simple straight-forward question had on me.

The gal who posed the question, probably never gave it another thought! Yet for me, it planted a "seed". 

Not a seed of truth. Not the "seed" of salvation through Christ.
    But a "seed" of doubt. She did not need to say anything else to me.

I wish I could thank her now! You never know what the "key" will be to unlock a person's heart. So just pray and trust as you open the door to these folks--that God will give you the right key!

What a wonderful question you posed!
    -Laurie

8. spiderpam profile image71
    spiderpamposted 7 years ago

Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons are not Christians, so when they come to my door saying they are Christians I quickly point out the truth and witness to them.

1. celafoe profile image61
      celafoeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

amen  and most baptists have an incomplete Gospel and unscriptural understanding of salvation.

9. profile image52
    youngnrestlessposted 4 years ago

As one of Jehovah's Witnesses, I daily visit our neighbors and speak about the Bible. If they are not interested, they kindly tell me so, and I bother them no longer. But what's the harm in listening just once? If you are not interested, say so.

working