jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What was the meaning of the ending of Beneath the Dark movie? Did Paul live, di

1. Lady Summerset profile image79
    Lady Summersetposted 7 years ago

What was the meaning of the ending of Beneath the Dark movie?  Did Paul live, die or go to Heaven?

The movie ends with Paul at the front desk, meets a new couple, reveals a truth about the husband as he walks out.  The "Angel" tells Paul that he made the right choice and he's free to go and then we see Adrienne in the wrecked vehicle take a breath and Paul walks down the road from the motel.  The movie's original title was "Wake."   Did "ALL" the other people who made the "wrong" choice made to stay in "purgatory?"

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4550806_f260.jpg

2. rkummer profile image77
    rkummerposted 7 years ago

Lady Summerset - I wish I could help answer your question, but I have not seen the film.

3. profile image51
    popeye101posted 5 years ago

The angels gave Paul to options to have adrienne with him for eternally or let her go...paul made the right decision in letting her go and not bring her with him that's why she woke up from the crash even paul said towards the end she was a good woman and never done anything to hurt anyone and the angel says its not abot her he is here for paul...so paul chose to let her go and be happy and live her life..unlike the other couple the security guy and the slut wife I guess choose to keep her around with him...

1. Lady Summerset profile image79
      Lady Summersetposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks popeye for that clarification!  It does make sense what you said.

working