What is the purpose of life, not the beginning or the ending but our purpose? W

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)
  1. BakerRambles profile image70
    BakerRamblesposted 12 years ago

What is the purpose of life, not the beginning or the ending but our purpose?  Work with me.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

If you don't know or understand your purpose then apparently you don't understand your own life. I've written several hubs that explain Purpose. Unfortunately, many people have distorted the true understanding of purpose of life, so that many others cannot distinguish the difference between lie and truth. Your own individual purpose can only come from you. Meaning, that you have to create your own purpose for living your life. When you do that, then you give meaning and motivation to your life, while you push forward. The only problem is that there is a hidden secret to establishing a purpose of life. That secret is that the purpose you establish should not be about you or your life, but should be about things outside yourself. Like, serving humanity or bettering the world as a whole. When you create a selfless purpose for your life, then you learn more about yourself, because your actions determine the meaning you've given to the purpose you created.

3. daskittlez69 profile image78
    daskittlez69posted 12 years ago

I believe the purpose in life is to get back into heaven.  A lot of people will disagree with this.  But I believe that when they say we were created in God's image they meant the spirit.  When you hear of angels being thrown out of heaven, I think we "bit the apple" and basically lost our wings, now we have to live out our lives here on Earth, maybe once or maybe 10 lifetimes until we can get back to that level of understanding.  To get back home.

4. Nspeel profile image62
    Nspeelposted 12 years ago

Great question, it can be answered in many different ways, by many different people, and everyone would be right. I think in life you must find your purpose, will you always have a purpose off the start? No! you must find what it is that you are here to do. For me i had no purpose till my dog had been hit by a car, and how expensive it was, and how no one was going to help me save his life. I Found hope after finding a non-profit veterinary hospital where everyone there volunteered all of there time to helping and rescuing animals. They were one of the very first no kill shelters established. They helped me in too many ways to count,besides the fact of saving my dog completely. They changed the entire road my life was traveling in. I am now much into helping animals and helping people find good honest vets. Now i purpose in life is to help all the abused animals in this awful world, and help clean up the oceans of garbage.

5. shannajs profile image60
    shannajsposted 12 years ago

I think this depends on each persons individual beliefs and understandings of life. I believe that since we were created in God's image, and God is ultimately perfect, I think our purpose to get as close to perfection as possible. Now that's not saying we should be without having sins, we're mortal, God understands that we are going to sin, however I do think it means to consistantly be trying to better ourselves. That's the reason I struggle when people ask questions such as "will homosexuals go to heaven" or statements such as "people who smoke will go to hell" (I do not believe these, I'm just quoting things I've heard) because I think that if the person has a good soul and heart, then why do they not deserve heaven? I think that all people will achieve some form of perfection, because we have already taken the first step to come to this Earth and follow God (now for athiests, I still think that achieving our own level of perfection can still stand without the reference to God) instead of being like the dark angels who followed Lucifer out of heaven.

6. Quilligrapher profile image72
    Quilligrapherposted 12 years ago

Howdy, Mr. Baker. 
    You raise a good question but no one in the world can answer it for you.
    Your life has no purpose until you define your objectives. Purpose, as in "purpose of life", is a noun for something one intends to get or do. It is a goal, an aim.  However, the operative word here is “one”, meaning you. People must define their own individual goals and objectives.  There is no such thing as "one size fits all” and there is no secret formula to determine what one wishes to achieve before they die. There are no requirements or standards that must or should be followed. Establishing your purpose in life, just like birth and death, is a task you have to complete on your own.     Q.

7. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 12 years ago

I could tell you the answer to this but you would probably not believe what the truth really is.

8. Savvycruzr profile image60
    Savvycruzrposted 12 years ago

IMHO, the purpose of life is to TEACH others lessons - and to LEARN from others as well.

We live in a world of duality - male and female; good and bad; light and darkness, etc. Everything in the universe is made up of energy or atomic vibrations - and through the law of cause and effect - we learn till we leave the physical world :-)

I hope this explanation helps.

9. bright_sorcerer profile image60
    bright_sorcererposted 12 years ago

One purpose is to experience a unique reality so that our Creator can, essentially, live vicariously through us. I believe that It wanted to express Itself in an unlimited number of ways from an infinite number of perspectives.

The other I guess is finding out what we do well and then discovering how to use that gift or ability to assist humanity.

10. Jrahman profile image60
    Jrahmanposted 12 years ago

I recently come to notice my purpose in life. before I do mention that I just want to ask everybody another question... what in this life is guaranteed to every each indiviual that is on it?...

some may say...????

only death

Death is the only thing that is guaranteed in this life, and nothing but death.

my purpose in life

to worship god and associate nothing with him

I not going to explain in to depth why this is my purpose but i will touch on my aruguement for it.

It dont make sense that my purpose would be to live to only, lets say go clubbing once a week blowing away my pay cheque when on the other side of the planet my brothers and sister of mankind can starve?... id say selfish! or even to just sleep 24/7...why have i got a brain again? i might as well have been born a fish! :0. God created us for one reason which was just to worship him. Not to worship idols.

To even understand why this is my purpose i think your going to have to understand the idea of God. Please do contact me If you want to understand my purpose further and i will be glad to tell you my story smile.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)