jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is Ricky Gervais funny?

1. 110211 profile image37
    110211posted 7 years ago

Is Ricky Gervais funny?

Ricky Gervais is a british actor,film writer, golden globe presenter, empresario.
    Is he really funny i.e. writes actual comedic material or is he just being himself ?

2. spookyfox profile image73
    spookyfoxposted 7 years ago

I think he's hilarious. He can be a bit annoying at times and I'm not a fan of his roles in the lastests Hollywood movies he's been in, but his radio show and podcast with Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkington are really fun. The Office and Extras are among my favorite British comedies and the few stand up acts of him I've seen were pretty good.

3. ForeverNever profile image59
    ForeverNeverposted 7 years ago

I have the entire collection of XFM podcasts from the pilkipedia website. Listen to one a day. Funniest man alive. Cant wait for second season of Idiot Abroad, The Bucket List!

4. 110211 profile image37
    110211posted 7 years ago

If you like the stuff with Karl Pilkington, I would suggest watching ' An idiot abroad'
    Karl travels the world and gives his view of the cities he goes to.
    This is what he had to say when he went to Petra in Jordan.

"“The only thing that would get on my nerves if I lived here (in a cave) is this sort of ‘open door policy’. Not having a door doesn’t help. Anyone you know could walk past and see that you’re in and keep nipping in”

You have to understand the british humour to find this funny.

5. Lady_E profile image74
    Lady_Eposted 7 years ago

He is definitely not funny. People just seemed to capitalise on that "dance" he did in "the Office" - which wasn't funny either.

Funny is the lovely Alan Carr, Lily Savage etc.