jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Pipe or Electric/Digital organ in church?

1. talfonso profile image82
    talfonsoposted 6 years ago

Pipe or Electric/Digital organ in church?

Which kind of organ do you prefer to be played in church? For me, it's the pipe organ because I had childhood memories hearing it play!

2. jkachuck profile image58
    jkachuckposted 6 years ago

I have to say, I love the sound of a pipe organ; there's nothing quite like it and it shows just how important the tuning and acoustics are. However, the church I am getting married in has an electric organ, and man does it sound good! It's impressive how it can create so many different sounds, especially when played by a true professional. But, if I had to choose, definitely a pipe organ.

3. CeresTine profile image59
    CeresTineposted 6 years ago

Pipe organ is like vinyl when it comes to music records. It may sound old and scratchy but the music comes out pure. Digital organ on the other hand has a wider range of musicality. It can sound like a full band is performing! But I'd go for pipe if possible.

4. ttagpine profile image79
    ttagpineposted 6 years ago

There is nothing that can truly create or recreate the magnificent sound of a pipe organ. With the exception of another pipe organ of course.

5. IGiveInformation profile image67
    IGiveInformationposted 6 years ago

Eletric organ sounds great I married to one and never regreted it!

6. profile image0
    Lynn S. Murphyposted 6 years ago

I love them all and in certain parts of the litergy ALL can be a part. Music is such a beautiful way to praise the Lord.