jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the best movie adapted from a book and why?

1. Misterscott profile image58
    Misterscottposted 6 years ago

What is the best movie adapted from a book and why?

2. gulnazahmad profile image63
    gulnazahmadposted 6 years ago

Lord of the Rings is in my opinion and it is the best adapted one because the director of the movie did great justification with the plot, characters, scenes and everything else. I really loved watching it in the movie adapted form but none other movie which has been adapted from a book satisfied me.
    Pride and prejudice, the one in which Elizabeth's role is played by Keira Knightley is also a good one.

3. Sarah Masson profile image67
    Sarah Massonposted 6 years ago

The first that comes to my mind is Water for Elephants. I loved the book and didn't know what to expect with the movie but it was true to the book and very enjoyable.

4. RavenclawKB profile image60
    RavenclawKBposted 5 years ago

I like Christopher Nolan's take on the short story 'Memento Mori'. While it's not a full book, it is an interesting and challenging story to make into a film that I think he succeeds nicely at. The story is about a man who, after a terrible assault that results in his wife's death, can no longer commit short-to-long term memory. Regardless of this, he determines to find his wife's murderer, and as the story is in a first-person perspective, the reader is left to follow his thoughts only.

In a movie, however, the viewer is not forced to remember only what the character does but can in fact know more than the main character. Nolan's adaptaion, 'Memento', accounts for this and while the portrayal of the story is different, it is made in a very effective and ingenious way to follow the lead's feelings and how his disability has crippled him.