jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (12 posts)

What is the best movie you've ever seen?

1. alec50 profile image61
    alec50posted 5 years ago

What is the best movie you've ever seen?

Mine is Cyborb She/Girl... A Japanese movie.

2. daisydayz profile image88
    daisydayzposted 5 years ago

This is such a huge question! There are so many brilliant films out there, I really love The Dark Knight - simply because Heath Ledger was amazing in it. I also really love In pursuit of Happyness and Seven Pounds which Will Smith did, he is an amazing actor but I think this was the first time he played serious roles and he was brilliant. But I'm also a girly film and musicals fan - so mary poplins, sound of music, 9 to 5, first wives club are also high on my list!

3. BSloan profile image75
    BSloanposted 5 years ago

There are so many great movies and it depends on the genre.  For the happy uplifting kind of movie, my favorite is MamaMia.  For an oldie I really enjoyed Somewhere in Time, Tom Hanks in Forrest Gump was also excellent, and for a funny movie I liked What's the worst that can happen?

4. Cogerson profile image81
    Cogersonposted 5 years ago

Hard to pick the best as it depends on my mood....but Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Pulp Fiction and Groundhog Day would be in the mix.

5. TrevorBasile profile image60
    TrevorBasileposted 5 years ago

Wow do I really have to choose, I have a bunch Shawshank Redempition, Platoon, Godfather, Once Upon Time in America, Almost Famous, Full Metal Jacket, History of the World Part 1, and A Midnight Clear to name a few

6. discovery2020 profile image86
    discovery2020posted 5 years ago

No question....The Godfather followed by The Godfather II

7. epigramman profile image69
    epigrammanposted 5 years ago

...I guess this list boils down to not so much the most perfectly made films of all time but a subjective list of 'favorite' films - kind of like of a buffet with so much to choose from - we all have our favorites that we go to first .....
    some of mine ....
    Blue Velvet, A Clockwork Orange, Somewhere in Time, The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie, Wings of Desire, The Wild Bunch, The Searchers, Annie Hall, Prince of the City (Sidney Lumet),Good Fellas, Milos and Otis ..... my goodness, this list changes every week - saw a great Peter Sellers film last night on the old VHS mode called - I love you Alice B. Toklas .....for about the 20th time and it's still funny and charming.
    lake erie time 11:14am ontario canada

1. Deborah Brooks profile image77
      Deborah Brooksposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oh Colin.. I love Somewhere In time.. great movie..The Notebook is mine...

8. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

I have many favorites but my all time numero uno would be "RoboCop." I never get tired of that flick, it's like a really kick-ass comic book come to life.

9. profile image0
    AaronHubb89posted 5 years ago

I can never answer this question with any sense of finality...but I would say, that one of the best movie that I have ever seen is: The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Fort.

The cinematography, dialogue, musical score, and acting were all on par...by far Brad Pitt's best picture in my mind.

10. callmelife profile image71
    callmelifeposted 5 years ago

It should be Forrest Gump, or maybe Pursuit of happiness. Both are timeless classics.

11. Deborah Brooks profile image77
    Deborah Brooksposted 5 years ago

The Titanic.. and the Notebook are some of the best movies.. but I love old movies too. there are so many..

working